C & C++ Coding Standards: Objective versus Subjective Rules

pat

CodeCheck Coding Standard's Support

As a free service to our customers we offer support in developing
"rule-files" for automating corporate coding standards.

If you have a coding standard that you wish to automate please send the
standard to us in PDF format so we can assist in developing the
automation with codecheck.

If you are developing codecheck rule-files and have a particular
problem please send a snippet of the C and/or C++ and we'll return a
rule-file solution to the problem.

We never charge for these services so please feel free to use this
service.

Normal corporate coding standards are about 100-200 items. We find it
best to implement about 10-20 at a time and that you run them on your
code and verify there are no 'false-positives'. Normally it is best to
select the order by most difficult first, and C before C++. However
we'll assist in any order of development requested.

The reason we provide this service is so our customers will get the
most out of codecheck. We find that most company's have custom in-house
coding standards. This is a natural for codecheck as it can be scripted
to find any kind of C and/or C++ abstraction.

CodeCheck can be scripted to compute virtually any metric algorithm. If
you wish to measure with a custom algorithm let us know and we can help
develop the algorithm.

Never send us proprietary code we don't need to see it, all we need
generally is generalized C or C++ examples for the difficult problems.

If you have a legal problem with sending us your coding standards
please feel free to have your legal department forward a non-disclosure
statement to us. We never release your standards or information
provided to anyone outside of Abraxas Software.

Sincerely, patrick conley