    personal use.

    Thanks

    Anand
    Anand S Bisen, Jan 31, 2004

  2. In article <bvf03l$hek$>,
    Anand S Bisen <> wrote:

    > Hello
    >
    > Generally i write my programs in some sort of unix boxes, but now that i
    > got a laptop and i have windows xp running on top of that i was shopping
    > around for a decent c/c++ compiler. I can get visual studio .net 2002,
    > 2003 or plain visual studio 6 free for download from my university but
    > they look pretty much over kill for what i do. I generally code in plain
    > ANSI C/C++ and i dont want to give huge disk space for just a compiler
    > and it's libraries.
    >
    > I would really appreciate if somebody could point me to a c/c++ or even
    > fortran compiler IDE for windows that i can buy/download/etc.. for my
    > personal use.

    Try the Metrowerks Codewarrior compiler. I've got Codewarrior 6 for
    Windows from a magazine cover (version 8 or 9 is probably current and
    costs real money), and for writing C or C++ code even that essentially
    free version is pure heaven compared to .Net.

    Or try the Watcom compiler. C, C++ and Fortran, and all free including
    source code. I haven't tried any of them yet :)
    Christian Bau, Jan 31, 2004

  3. Anand S Bisen

    KTC Guest

    Anand S Bisen <> for some reason wrote:

    > Hello
    >
    > Generally i write my programs in some sort of unix boxes, but
    > now that i got a laptop and i have windows xp running on top of
    > that i was shopping around for a decent c/c++ compiler. I can
    > get visual studio .net 2002, 2003 or plain visual studio 6 free
    > for download from my university but they look pretty much over
    > kill for what i do. I generally code in plain ANSI C/C++ and i
    > dont want to give huge disk space for just a compiler and it's
    > libraries.
    >
    > I would really appreciate if somebody could point me to a c/c++
    > or even fortran compiler IDE for windows that i can
    > buy/download/etc.. for my personal use.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Anand

    Digital Mars C/C++
    http://www.digitalmars.com/

    Open Watcom C/C++ & Fortan
    http://www.openwatcom.org/

    Borland C/C++ 5.5 command line
    http://www.borland.com/products/downloads/download_cbuilder.html

    Dev-C++ (Uses MinGW or Cygwin)
    http://www.bloodshed.net/dev/devcpp.html

    http://www.mingw.org/

    http://www.cygwin.com/

    - Heinrich Heine
    KTC, Jan 31, 2004
  4. Anand S Bisen

    Mac Guest

    On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 20:24:11 +0000, Anand S Bisen wrote:

    > Hello
    >
    > Generally i write my programs in some sort of unix boxes, but now that i
    > got a laptop and i have windows xp running on top of that i was shopping
    > around for a decent c/c++ compiler. I can get visual studio .net 2002,
    > 2003 or plain visual studio 6 free for download from my university but
    > they look pretty much over kill for what i do. I generally code in plain
    > ANSI C/C++ and i dont want to give huge disk space for just a compiler
    > and it's libraries.
    >
    > I would really appreciate if somebody could point me to a c/c++ or even
    > fortran compiler IDE for windows that i can buy/download/etc.. for my
    > personal use.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Anand

    This is really not topical on clc. I doubt it is topical for clc++,
    either.

    Look into cygwin or mingw.

    Mac
    Mac, Jan 31, 2004
  5. Anand S Bisen

    DavidG Guest

    Try the Borland command line compiler. I also suggest maybe a good text
    editor like Crimson Editor or whatever you like. I don't program too
    much on Windows, but when I do, that's the combo I use.

    DavidG, Jan 31, 2004
  6. Anand S Bisen

    Randy Howard Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > > I would really appreciate if somebody could point me to a c/c++ or even
    > > fortran compiler IDE for windows that i can buy/download/etc.. for my
    > > personal use.

    > Try the Metrowerks Codewarrior compiler.

    Ugh. I think this is one of the most abysmal IDE / compiler environments
    currently in production. The fact that you got it free doesn't make it
    much better. Especially, when the Bloodshed Dev-C++/gcc package is
    also free, and far better.

    http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html

    --
    Randy Howard
    2reply remove FOOBAR
    Randy Howard, Jan 31, 2004
  7. Anand S Bisen

    Buck Rogers Guest

    On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 20:24:11 -0500, Anand S Bisen <>
    wrote:

    > Hello
    >
    > Generally i write my programs in some sort of unix boxes, but now that i
    > got a laptop and i have windows xp running on top of that i was shopping
    > around for a decent c/c++ compiler. I can get visual studio .net 2002,
    > 2003 or plain visual studio 6 free for download from my university but
    > they look pretty much over kill for what i do. I generally code in plain
    > ANSI C/C++ and i dont want to give huge disk space for just a compiler
    > and it's libraries.
    >
    > I would really appreciate if somebody could point me to a c/c++ or even
    > fortran compiler IDE for windows that i can buy/download/etc.. for my
    > personal use.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Anand

    http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html

    Buck.

    Buck Rogers, Feb 1, 2004
  8. Anand S Bisen <> wrote in message news:<bvf03l$hek$>...
    > Hello
    >
    > Generally i write my programs in some sort of unix boxes, but now that i
    > got a laptop and i have windows xp running on top of that i was shopping
    > around for a decent c/c++ compiler. I can get visual studio .net 2002,
    > 2003 or plain visual studio 6 free for download from my university but
    > they look pretty much over kill for what i do. I generally code in plain
    > ANSI C/C++ and i dont want to give huge disk space for just a compiler
    > and it's libraries.
    >
    > I would really appreciate if somebody could point me to a c/c++ or even
    > fortran compiler IDE for windows that i can buy/download/etc.. for my
    > personal use.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Anand

    DJGPP: http://www.delorie.com/djgpp