    ImportError: No module named python.PlayerManager

    I am using 2.6.4 so I can't call it by the filename, does anyone know
    how to do a proper import?
    7H3LaughingMan, Feb 8, 2010

  2. Does the 'python' directory contain a file named '__init__.py'? This
    is required to let that directory act as a package (see:
    http://docs.python.org/tutorial/modules.html#packages); without it,
    you'll see the symptoms you're seeing.

    Austin

    Austin Bingham, Feb 8, 2010

  3. The folder does contain a file named '__init__.py'. However it
    contains nothing inside of the file.

    7H3LaughingMan, Feb 8, 2010
  4. 7H3LaughingMan

    Terry Reedy Guest

    On 2/7/2010 10:56 PM, 7H3LaughingMan wrote:
    > To make the background information short, I am trying to take a
    > program that uses Python for scripting and recompile it for Linux
    > since it originally was built to run on Win32. The program itself was
    > designed to be able to be compiled on Linux and someone made there on
    > release with source that added python scripting. After some issues I
    > got it to compile but now it is unable to import the files that it
    > needs.
    >
    > The program is running the following code...
    > PyImport_Import( PyString_FromString("python.PlayerManager") );
    >
    > This is meant to import the file PlayerManager.py inside of the python
    > folder. However it throws the following Python Error (Gotten through
    > PyErr_Print())
    > ImportError: No module named python.PlayerManager
    >
    > I am using 2.6.4 so I can't call it by the filename, does anyone know
    > how to do a proper import?

    Your 'python' package directory must be in a directory listed in
    sys.path. I would print that check.
    Terry Reedy, Feb 8, 2010
  5. Just to elaborate on Terry's point a bit, sys.path is influenced (in
    part) by the PYTHONPATH environment variable. If you find that the
    directory containing 'python' is not in sys.path (which you can check
    with 'import sys; print sys.path'), add that directory to PYTHONPATH
    and try again. This may not be the solution you ultimately end up
    using, but it'll get you pointed in the right direction.

    Austin

    Austin Bingham, Feb 9, 2010