c,c++

Chris Hills

hi how r u i m joining ur group

1 Write in proper English.
What you are using is known as WKS or Wanky Kid Speak. WKS is treated
with disdain my the rest of us here and you will get little help if you
use it. It will get you flamed.

2 You are not joining a Google group.
You are using the broken Google front end to Usenet.
Usenet runs over 50,000 newsgroups and is nothing to do with Google.
Usenet has been going over 20 years.

3 As the majority of us use news readers not the appalling Google web
interface you should quote any message you are replying to. GO and get a
news reader.

4 This group is for discussing C. If you discuss C++ most will ignore
you and the group of Net Nannies we have here will chase you off.

5 Before you ask there is no such language as C/C++ or c,c++
C and C++ are SEPARATE LANGUAGES.

6 Asking homework questions, questions that can be answered easily with
a search engine or reading the first 3 chapters of K&R will get you
badly flamed .

Chris Hills

Chris Hills said:
[...]

I forgot you will also get flamed for asking about win-Lcc32 (see
http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32/ )
by the net nannies who don't like it mentioned.

Also see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_C_compiler#Lcc-win32

The current author hangs around on here.

Charlie Gordon

Chris Hills said:
hi how r u i m joining ur group
[..]
5 Before you ask there is no such language as C/C++ or c,c++
C and C++ are SEPARATE LANGUAGES.

There is one thing we know about C/C++ : it invokes undefined behaviour in
both C and C++.

Mark Bluemel

i am prabu.i am owner of this group.

On the contrary, all your group are belong to us...

By the way, prabu, your keyboard seems to be broken - the shift key
doesn't seem to work and some characters seem to have been dropped.
> tell me your details
> at([email protected])what r u doing? and give some other details

What other details would you like? My inside leg measurement is 32", my
favourite colour is blue and I don't like coffee - does that help?

Christopher Benson-Manica

[comp.lang.c] Chris Hills said:
6 Asking homework questions, questions that can be answered easily with
a search engine or reading the first 3 chapters of K&R will get you
badly flamed .

Or questions that are answered by the FAQ, at http://c-faq.com.

Kenneth Brody

osmium said:
hi how r u i m joining ur group
[...]
You are on *Usenet*, not a chat room. Wikipedia also has lots of good
information on computers and programming. You will get precious few useful
answers unless you use standard English in your posts.

<pedant>
Well, there are plenty of people here whose native language is not
English (or its American cousin), and we understand that. As long
as an attempt to use "proper English" is seen, I don't think many
people here have a problem working with you. (I'm sure their
English is much better than my use of their native tongue.)
</pedant>

However, obvious lack of attempt, or worse -- silly abbreviations
like "how r u" -- are usually met with disdain.

Chris Hills

Chris Dollin said:
No, you are not the owner of comp.lang.c; no-one is the owner of
comp.lang.c.

Really? I thought it was Richard?

Well one of them at least...