    was a typedef for "Real". So what does "Real" mean? "Real" is a
    typedef for QL_REAL. So what does "QL_REAL" mean? QL_REAL is type
    double via the line of code #define QL_REAL double....

    Mallik * G, Jul 4, 2008

  2. Mallik * G

    Jim Langston Guest

    "Mallik * G" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > While reading some source code, I saw a variable called "end" of type
    > "time". So I investigated what the type "time" meant and saw that time
    > was a typedef for "Real". So what does "Real" mean? "Real" is a
    > typedef for QL_REAL. So what does "QL_REAL" mean? QL_REAL is type
    > double via the line of code #define QL_REAL double....

    so what's your question? So the line

    time end;
    or however it was defined becomes
    double end;
    after all the preprocessore directives are finished. So what's the
    question? Or is this an observation or a comment?

    Jim Langston, Jul 4, 2008

  3. On 2008-07-04 05:25, Mallik * G wrote:
    > While reading some source code, I saw a variable called "end" of type
    > "time". So I investigated what the type "time" meant and saw that time
    > was a typedef for "Real". So what does "Real" mean? "Real" is a
    > typedef for QL_REAL. So what does "QL_REAL" mean? QL_REAL is type
    > double via the line of code #define QL_REAL double....

    Congratulations, you have discovered abstraction, a fundamental skill
    when writing software.

    --
    Erik Wikström

    Erik Wikström, Jul 4, 2008
  4. Mallik * G

    Sleipnir Guest

    You're learning how to use QuanLib?
    That's interesting... You're gonna work in finance?

    Commando team use it with VBA... Maybe you'd have to imporve VBA first...
    QuandLib has a DLL usable into Excel without knowing how C++ works and with
    about the same performances...

    Sleipnir, Jul 5, 2008
  5. Mallik * G

    Guest

    On Jul 4, 11:43 pm, Erik Wikström <> wrote:
    > On 2008-07-04 05:25, Mallik * G wrote:
    >
    > > While reading some source code, I saw a variable called "end" of type
    > > "time". So I investigated what the type "time" meant and saw that time
    > > was a typedef for "Real". So what does "Real" mean? "Real" is a
    > > typedef forQL_REAL. So what does "QL_REAL" mean?QL_REALis type
    > > double via the line of code #defineQL_REALdouble....

    > Congratulations, you have discovered abstraction, a fundamental skill
    > when writing software.

    No, I don't think the OP has discovered abstraction. I wrote
    _exactly_ the same paragraph in another posting, and the OP just copy-
    pasted it. I don't know why the OP did this(??)
    If the OP has discovered anything, it is the art of copying and
    pasting text.

    Paul Epstein

    , Jul 9, 2008