    was a typedef for "Real". So what does "Real" mean? "Real" is a
    typedef for QL_REAL. So what does "QL_REAL" mean? QL_REAL is type
    double via the line of code #define QL_REAL double....

    Mallik * G, Jul 4, 2008

  2. Jim Langston

    Jim Langston Guest

    "Mallik * G" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > While reading some source code, I saw a variable called "end" of type
    > "time". So I investigated what the type "time" meant and saw that time
    > was a typedef for "Real". So what does "Real" mean? "Real" is a
    > typedef for QL_REAL. So what does "QL_REAL" mean? QL_REAL is type
    > double via the line of code #define QL_REAL double....

    so what's your question? So the line

    time end;
    or however it was defined becomes
    double end;
    after all the preprocessore directives are finished. So what's the
    question? Or is this an observation or a comment?

    Jim Langston, Jul 4, 2008

  3. On 2008-07-04 05:25, Mallik * G wrote:
    > While reading some source code, I saw a variable called "end" of type
    > "time". So I investigated what the type "time" meant and saw that time
    > was a typedef for "Real". So what does "Real" mean? "Real" is a
    > typedef for QL_REAL. So what does "QL_REAL" mean? QL_REAL is type
    > double via the line of code #define QL_REAL double....

    Congratulations, you have discovered abstraction, a fundamental skill
    when writing software.

    --
    Erik Wikström

    Erik Wikström, Jul 4, 2008
  4. Sleipnir

    Sleipnir Guest

    You're learning how to use QuanLib?
    That's interesting... You're gonna work in finance?

    Commando team use it with VBA... Maybe you'd have to imporve VBA first...
    QuandLib has a DLL usable into Excel without knowing how C++ works and with
    about the same performances...

    Sleipnir, Jul 5, 2008

    On Jul 4, 11:43 pm, Erik Wikström <> wrote:
    > On 2008-07-04 05:25, Mallik * G wrote:
    >
    > > While reading some source code, I saw a variable called "end" of type
    > > "time". So I investigated what the type "time" meant and saw that time
    > > was a typedef for "Real". So what does "Real" mean? "Real" is a
    > > typedef forQL_REAL. So what does "QL_REAL" mean?QL_REALis type
    > > double via the line of code #defineQL_REALdouble....

    > Congratulations, you have discovered abstraction, a fundamental skill
    > when writing software.

    No, I don't think the OP has discovered abstraction. I wrote
    _exactly_ the same paragraph in another posting, and the OP just copy-
    pasted it. I don't know why the OP did this(??)
    If the OP has discovered anything, it is the art of copying and
    pasting text.

    Paul Epstein

    , Jul 9, 2008