    The most important of all, this library cannot use any C++ RTL and STL
    functions.

    , Dec 15, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > I've searched this new group with the keyword: "kernel library array
    > list".

    I am betting you haven't found much, have you?

    Have you heard of "Google"? I mean, the _web_search_.

    > I am looking for an open source C++ class library for kernel mode

    Which kernel do you mean?

    > programming, because the C++ standard library and STL cannot be used
    > in the kernel mode.

    It cannot? Well, I suppose that's right. The C++ Standard mentions
    nothing about "kernel mode".

    > The library should provide some fundamental data
    > structures and algorithms like dynamic size array, list, string,
    > hash/map, tree, graph, sort, etc. It has to be licensed in LGPL style.
    >
    > The most important of all, this library cannot use any C++ RTL and STL
    > functions.

    If it can't use RTL, how in hell would it provide dynamic size array
    without 'malloc'? Oh, wait, it must be allowed to use OS-specific
    means to allocate memory, right? Shouldn't you then be asking about
    it in the _OS-specific_ newsgroup?

    Victor Bazarov, Dec 15, 2005

    Yes, I tried to google for it. Some are commerical. Some seem not
    matintained anymore or I cannot tell the number of users (assume it's
    proportion to the stability). For example:
    http://cxx.uclibc.org/index.html

    C++ RTL and STL cannot be used in the kernel mode. Please refer to
    http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/driver/kernel/KMcode.mspx. I am looking
    for replacements for them.

    The library should not be specific to any kernel mode. I am looking for
    a cross platform library.

    "If it can't use RTL, how in hell would it provide dynamic size array
    without 'malloc'? Oh, wait, it must be allowed to use OS-specific
    means to allocate memory, right?"
    - Yes, if it uses the new operator, we can override it with some
    OS-specific memory allocation functions.

    It's something similar to the Embedded C++ library or Embedded STL. Is
    there any open source LGPL implementation?

    , Dec 15, 2005
  4. say88 Guest

    You sould specifies what kind of kernel.Linux ,vxworks,or windows?

    <> ????

    say88, Dec 15, 2005
  5. Ian Guest

    wrote:
    > Yes, I tried to google for it. Some are commerical. Some seem not
    > matintained anymore or I cannot tell the number of users (assume it's
    > proportion to the stability). For example:
    > http://cxx.uclibc.org/index.html
    >
    > C++ RTL and STL cannot be used in the kernel mode. Please refer to
    > http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/driver/kernel/KMcode.mspx. I am looking
    > for replacements for them.
    >
    > The library should not be specific to any kernel mode. I am looking for
    > a cross platform library.

    Do what I did, write the bits you need when you need them.

    You'll be hard pushed to find such a library, for a start every compiler
    has its own way of doing its run time, which is unlikely to be documented.

    It's surprising how much you can do with just your own new and delete.

    Ian

    Ian, Dec 15, 2005