C+/CLI wrapper DLL does not work on Win 2003 Server IIS

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Daniel P., Feb 16, 2007.

  1. Daniel P.

    Daniel P. Guest

    I have created a C++/CLI wrapper for a pice of classic C++ code that uses ATL
    CString.

    The DLL code is called from some web services written in C#.

    It all works well on my dev machine (XP Pro) but when I deploy the web
    services to Windows 2003 Server it fires all sort of errors. Below is one of
    them.

    Is it anything related with security settings or some dependencies I'm
    missing?

    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process
    request. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or
    assembly 'MyWrapper, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=934f0a8f34dfe663' or one of its dependencies. The system
    cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'MyWrapper, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=934f0a8f34dfe663'
    at WSAddEditCommonDialogs.EditExecution(String[] arrExecution)

    === Pre-bind state information ===
    LOG: User = NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
    LOG: DisplayName = MyWrapper, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=934f0a8f34dfe663
    (Fully-specified)
    LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/MyWebService/
    LOG: Initial PrivatePath = C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MyWebService\bin
    Calling assembly : App_Code, Version=1.0.0.1, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=null.
    ===
    LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
    LOG: Using application configuration file:
    C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MyWebService\web.config
    LOG: Using host configuration file:
    \\?\c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet.config
    LOG: Using machine configuration file from
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config.
    LOG: Post-policy reference: MyWrapper, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=934f0a8f34dfe663
    LOG: The same bind was seen before, and was failed with hr = 0x80070002.

    at
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String
    methodName, Object[] parameters)
    at MyCompany.MyModule.Foo(String[] arr)

    Daniel P., Feb 16, 2007