    I tried indent but it screws my code, and astyle seems to go by its own
    rules :)
    , Mar 19, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > Hi.
    >
    > Do you know any good code beautifier for c++?

    Pardon the stupid question, but what is a code beautifier typically used for?
    Don't you write beautiful code naturally? ;-)

    I sometimes use this pretty-printer when I need to read preprocessor-generated
    code: http://www.prettyprinter.de/index.php

    > I tried indent but it screws my code, and astyle seems to go by its
    > own rules :)

    Jonathan
    Jonathan Turkanis, Mar 19, 2005

  3. Phlip Guest

    Phlip, Mar 19, 2005

    Jonathan Turkanis wrote:
    > Pardon the stupid question, but what is a code beautifier typically

    used for?
    > Don't you write beautiful code naturally? ;-)

    What if some body else wrote the code, and it's hard to read?

    Phlip wrote:
    > groleo wrote:
    >
    > > Do you know any good code beautifier for c++?
    > >
    > > I tried indent but it screws my code, and astyle seems to go by its

    own
    > > rules :)

    > astyle works great what's wrong with it?

    Well, I tend to use the if/else statements a little different, from the
    way
    astyle can indent it:

    if( condition){
    // code
    }
    else {
    // code
    }

    so I was thinking that a style file, where indenting rules are defined
    would be necessary

    > --
    > Phlip

    , Mar 19, 2005
  5. Bharat Karia Guest

    Hello ,

    > Jonathan Turkanis wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi.
    >>>
    >>> Do you know any good code beautifier for c++?
    >>>

    >> Pardon the stupid question, but what is a code beautifier typically
    >>

    > used for?
    >
    >> Don't you write beautiful code naturally? ;-)
    >>

    > Jonathan Turkanis wrote:
    >
    >> Pardon the stupid question, but what is a code beautifier typically
    >>

    > used for?
    >
    >> Don't you write beautiful code naturally? ;-)
    >>

    > What if some body else wrote the code, and it's hard to read?
    >
    >> I sometimes use this pretty-printer when I need to read
    >>

    > preprocessor-generated
    >
    >> code: http://www.prettyprinter.de/index.php
    >>
    >> Jonathan
    >>

    > Phlip wrote:
    >
    >> groleo wrote:
    >>
    >>> Do you know any good code beautifier for c++?
    >>>
    >>> I tried indent but it screws my code, and astyle seems to go by its
    >>>

    > own
    >
    >>> rules :)
    >>>

    >> astyle works great what's wrong with it?
    >>

    > Well, I tend to use the if/else statements a little different, from
    > the
    > way
    > astyle can indent it:
    > if( condition){
    > // code
    > }
    > else {
    > // code
    > }
    > so I was thinking that a style file, where indenting rules are defined
    > would be necessary
    >
    >> --
    >> Phlip

    > http://industrialxp.org/community/bin/view/Main/TestFirstUserInterface

    astyle has several commandline params that can indent the code however you
    want it
    Bharat Karia, Mar 22, 2005