C code for Radius user authentication

tntelle

I have a python script + pyrad that authenticates me to a Radius
server. I want to move this code into C. I cant seem to just find code
for a C client to Radius without having to download an entire radius
server, and even then I have the hassle of trying to get it to
compile. Im hoping maybe somebody has some experience with this - i
just want to send the userid, password to the radius server and get a
response code back if auth is successful, or not- nothing more than
that. Any pointers to some example could would be greatly appreciated.
Im working with AIX 5.3. Thanks!