C code to post through NNTP

omni

Can someone point me to some C code to post an article through NNTP
server? The code would connect, login to the server, authenticate if
necessary, deal with prompts to post the article, and quit.

This is not difficult and I could write some code to do it, but it
would save time if someone else has already. Thanks.

infobahn

Can someone point me to some C code to post an article through NNTP
server? The code would connect, login to the server, authenticate if
necessary, deal with prompts to post the article, and quit.

This is not difficult and I could write some code to do it, but it
would save time if someone else has already. Thanks.

None of the newsgroups to which you posted is a "sources wanted"
newsgroup. But since you asked so nicely:

http://www.mozilla.org/download.html

infobahn

I was hoping not to get mired in thousands of lines of code.... I was
hoping there might be a library or discrete function to do it.

What "sources wanted" newsgroups would you suggest?

My newsreader suggests alt.sources.wanted and comp.sources.wanted
as possibles.

Phil Carmody

I was hoping not to get mired in thousands of lines of code.... I was
hoping there might be a library or discrete function to do it.

C has the system function, and if running on a POSIX/etc. environment,
the fork and exec* functions. Why write in C what has already been written
a multitude of times if you can simply offload the work onto another
process?

What you want to do can almost certainly be done in a few lines of Perl,
so have you considered using other languages instead?

Phil