    This is not difficult and I could write some code to do it, but it
    would save time if someone else has already. Thanks.
    , Feb 26, 2005

  2. infobahn Guest

    wrote:

    > Can someone point me to some C code to post an article through NNTP
    > server? The code would connect, login to the server, authenticate if
    > necessary, deal with prompts to post the article, and quit.
    >
    > This is not difficult and I could write some code to do it, but it
    > would save time if someone else has already. Thanks.

    None of the newsgroups to which you posted is a "sources wanted"
    newsgroup. But since you asked so nicely:

    http://www.mozilla.org/download.html
    infobahn, Feb 26, 2005

    On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 17:32:09 +0000 (UTC), infobahn
    <> wrote:

    >> Can someone point me to some C code to post an article through NNTP
    >> server? The code would connect, login to the server, authenticate if
    >> necessary, deal with prompts to post the article, and quit.
    >>
    >> This is not difficult and I could write some code to do it, but it
    >> would save time if someone else has already. Thanks.

    >None of the newsgroups to which you posted is a "sources wanted"
    >newsgroup. But since you asked so nicely:
    >
    > http://www.mozilla.org/download.html

    I was hoping not to get mired in thousands of lines of code.... I was
    hoping there might be a library or discrete function to do it.

    What "sources wanted" newsgroups would you suggest?
    , Feb 26, 2005
  4. infobahn Guest

    wrote:

    > On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 17:32:09 +0000 (UTC), infobahn
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > http://www.mozilla.org/download.html

    > I was hoping not to get mired in thousands of lines of code.... I was
    > hoping there might be a library or discrete function to do it.
    >
    > What "sources wanted" newsgroups would you suggest?

    My newsreader suggests alt.sources.wanted and comp.sources.wanted
    as possibles.
    infobahn, Feb 26, 2005
  5. Phil Carmody Guest

    On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 20:21:45 +0000, omni wrote:
    > On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 17:32:09 +0000 (UTC), infobahn
    > <> wrote:
    >>> Can someone point me to some C code to post an article through NNTP
    >>> server? The code would connect, login to the server, authenticate if
    >>> necessary, deal with prompts to post the article, and quit.
    >>>
    >>> This is not difficult and I could write some code to do it, but it
    >>> would save time if someone else has already. Thanks.

    >>None of the newsgroups to which you posted is a "sources wanted"
    >>newsgroup. But since you asked so nicely:
    >>
    >> http://www.mozilla.org/download.html

    > I was hoping not to get mired in thousands of lines of code.... I was
    > hoping there might be a library or discrete function to do it.

    C has the system function, and if running on a POSIX/etc. environment,
    the fork and exec* functions. Why write in C what has already been written
    a multitude of times if you can simply offload the work onto another
    process?

    What you want to do can almost certainly be done in a few lines of Perl,
    so have you considered using other languages instead?

    Phil
    Phil Carmody, Feb 26, 2005
  6. Bjorn Reese Guest

    Search for NNTP on http://www.freshmeat.net/ or http://sf.net/