C++ compatible with C ?

Ron Natalie

Stewart said:
Oh, so the range of identifiers is double-booked.

It's not double booked. There are two spaces for identifiers:
the program space, and the implementation space. All the standard
identifiers are in the space reserved for the implementation.

What's the point of reserving identifiers if it's done in a way that
such conflicts are bound to arise?

What conflict?

Stewart Gordon

Ron Natalie wrote:

It's not double booked. There are two spaces for identifiers:
the program space, and the implementation space. All the standard
identifiers are in the space reserved for the implementation.

I.e. the standard is invading the implementation's space.
What conflict?

The one that you snipped from my last post.

Stewart.