    show a message which I wanted... How to check C compiler version??

    Best regards.
    Denny...
    Denny, Apr 3, 2008

  2. Denny

    Tim Prince Guest

    Denny wrote:
    > I currently use C compiler on HP-UX B.11.00 machine but I don't know
    > how to check its version.
    > I had used cc --version and cc -version command. Of course it didn't
    > show a message which I wanted... How to check C compiler version??
    >
    > Best regards.
    > Denny...

    It looks like you should consult the docs for the compiler you choose, as
    you haven't divulged which one that is, nor would it be topical here if
    you did so. For certain possible compilers, it's -v.
    Tim Prince, Apr 3, 2008

  3. Denny <> writes:
    > I currently use C compiler on HP-UX B.11.00 machine but I don't know
    > how to check its version.
    > I had used cc --version and cc -version command. Of course it didn't
    > show a message which I wanted... How to check C compiler version??

    This isn't really a question about the C language. You'd have a
    better chance of getting a definitive answer by posting to
    comp.sys.hp.hpux or by reading the documentation (probably "man cc").

    (I've seen C compilers that respond to "cc -V".)

    --
    Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) <>
    Nokia
    Keith Thompson, Apr 3, 2008
  4. Denny

    Default User Guest

    Denny wrote:

    > I currently use C compiler on HP-UX B.11.00 machine but I don't know
    > how to check its version.

    You might try comp.sys.hp.hpux for HPUX specific questions.

    Brian
    Default User, Apr 3, 2008
  5. Denny

    Dann Corbit Guest

    "Denny" <> wrote in message
    >I currently use C compiler on HP-UX B.11.00 machine but I don't know
    > how to check its version.
    > I had used cc --version and cc -version command. Of course it didn't
    > show a message which I wanted... How to check C compiler version??

    Probably, you are better off asking in a HP/UX specific newsgroup.

    You might try:
    cc +help

    Or:
    gcc --version