C compiler version check

Denny

I currently use C compiler on HP-UX B.11.00 machine but I don't know
how to check its version.
I had used cc --version and cc -version command. Of course it didn't
show a message which I wanted... How to check C compiler version??

Best regards.
Denny...

Tim Prince

Denny said:
I currently use C compiler on HP-UX B.11.00 machine but I don't know
how to check its version.
I had used cc --version and cc -version command. Of course it didn't
show a message which I wanted... How to check C compiler version??

Best regards.
Denny...
It looks like you should consult the docs for the compiler you choose, as
you haven't divulged which one that is, nor would it be topical here if
you did so. For certain possible compilers, it's -v.

Keith Thompson

Denny said:
I currently use C compiler on HP-UX B.11.00 machine but I don't know
how to check its version.
I had used cc --version and cc -version command. Of course it didn't
show a message which I wanted... How to check C compiler version??

This isn't really a question about the C language. You'd have a
better chance of getting a definitive answer by posting to
comp.sys.hp.hpux or by reading the documentation (probably "man cc").

(I've seen C compilers that respond to "cc -V".)

Default User

Denny said:
I currently use C compiler on HP-UX B.11.00 machine but I don't know
how to check its version.

You might try comp.sys.hp.hpux for HPUX specific questions.

Brian

Dann Corbit

Denny said:
I currently use C compiler on HP-UX B.11.00 machine but I don't know
how to check its version.
I had used cc --version and cc -version command. Of course it didn't
show a message which I wanted... How to check C compiler version??

Probably, you are better off asking in a HP/UX specific newsgroup.

You might try:
cc +help

Or:
gcc --version