C compiler with BSD lib socket included ???

Abby

Hi all,

I'm now writing a c program on windows XP which will send/receive
packet using udp protocol. The program I write require the following
header files:

#include <stdlib.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <sys/socket.h>
#include <netinet/in.h>
#include <arpa/inet.h>
#include <errno.h>
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <signal.h>
#include <setjmp.h>
#include <netdb.h>

I'm now using cygwin, but the problem is that it has the license.
Anyone knows any other compilers aside from cygwin that does the same
thing (include BSD socket lib like this)? I can compile my code in
Linux no problem, but when I use cygwin to compile, I always need to
include cygwin1.dll to my executable file whenever I want to use it in
other window machines.

Please give me some advice. Thank you so much.

Sidney Cadot

Abby said:
I'm now writing a c program on windows XP which will send/receive
packet using udp protocol. The program I write require the following
header files:

The C standard doesn't say anything about networking, so this is a bit
off-topic here. You will probably be better served in a group that
focusses on windows programming.

That having said, you might want to take a look at the mingw release of
gcc, which comes with a different library and license. Don't know if it
has BSD-style sockets but I wouldn't be surprised.

Regards,

Sidney