    I would really appreciate any help :eek:)

    Thanks

    John
    Abacus, Dec 8, 2005

  2. Abacus wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >1) Is it possible to reverse the compilation process of a program written in
    >C++ from and .exe back to C++ ?

    No

    >2) If it is, does any one know a package that will do this ?
    >
    >3) If not, can an assembly listing be converted to C++ ?

    No

    >4) Am I posting this question in the wrong group and which group should I
    >use?
    >
    >I would really appreciate any help :eek:)
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >John

    Regards,

    Thobias Vakayil
    Thobias Vakayil, Dec 8, 2005

  3. Abacus

    mlimber Guest

    Abacus wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > 1) Is it possible to reverse the compilation process of a program written in
    > C++ from and .exe back to C++ ?
    >
    > 2) If it is, does any one know a package that will do this ?
    >
    > 3) If not, can an assembly listing be converted to C++ ?
    >
    > 4) Am I posting this question in the wrong group and which group should I
    > use?
    >
    > I would really appreciate any help :eek:)
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > John

    Check the FAQ:

    http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/compiler-dependencies.html#faq-38.4

    Cheers! --M
    mlimber, Dec 8, 2005
  4. Abacus wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > 1) Is it possible to reverse the compilation process of a program written in
    > C++ from and .exe back to C++ ?

    Hi. You know, you asked the exact same question two days ago:

    http://tinyurl.com/a25n5

    You were referred to the FAQ. I'm curious - seriously! - did you read
    it?

    > 2) If it is, does any one know a package that will do this ?

    The FAQ answers this as well.

    > 3) If not, can an assembly listing be converted to C++ ?

    That's really the same question, because an .exe file can be converted
    into an assembly listing (although symbol names are unlikely to be
    particularly enlightening unless the .exe was compiled with debugging
    info).

    > 4) Am I posting this question in the wrong group and which group should I
    > use?

    Your question is on-topic, but I think it's slightly frustrating that
    you don't acknowledge that you already asked the question, and
    apparently didn't bother to look at the FAQ, even after you were
    provided a direct cite to it.

    Best regards,

    Tom
    Thomas Tutone, Dec 8, 2005