    get a good c decompiler or how to go about this.
    Thanking you all in advance
    Chellappa
    chellappa, Aug 1, 2005

  2. chellappa

    CBFalconer Guest

    +-------------------+ .:\:\:/:/:.
    +-------------------+ / \
    | | @@@ / /|,,,,,|\ \
    | | @@@ /_// /^\ \\_\
    @x@@x@ | | |/ WW( ( ) )WW
    \||||/ | | \| __\,,\ /,,/__
    \||/ | | | jgs (______Y______)
    /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

    Chuck F () ()
    CBFalconer, Aug 1, 2005

  3. chellappa

    Guest

    is it in elf format??? if it is in aout format then you can have
    convert back to
    ..c file but it is difficult.
    first you have to reverse engineer it to .asm or .s then u can use
    asm2c to get your work done. but the end result is not exactly the same
    as original.
    , Aug 1, 2005
  4. chellappa

    Russell Shaw Guest

    wrote:
    > is it in elf format??? if it is in aout format then you can have
    > convert back to
    > .c file but it is difficult.
    > first you have to reverse engineer it to .asm or .s then u can use
    > asm2c to get your work done. but the end result is not exactly the same
    > as original.

    cow -> hamburger easy
    hamburger -> functional_cow a little harder;)
    Russell Shaw, Aug 1, 2005
  5. Russell Shaw wrote:

    > wrote:
    > > is it in elf format??? if it is in aout format then you can have
    > > convert back to
    > > .c file but it is difficult.
    > > first you have to reverse engineer it to .asm or .s then u can use
    > > asm2c to get your work done. but the end result is not exactly the same
    > > as original.

    > cow -> hamburger easy
    > hamburger -> functional_cow a little harder;)

    You might be able to get it back into the shape of a cow relatively
    easily. However, it may or may not look anything like the original
    cow(s).

    Don't e-mail me at: <mailto:>
    Kenneth Brody, Aug 1, 2005
  6. chellappa

    Das Guest

    Yes harder, but for educational purposes it is ok. but there is no
    guarantee the code will be compiled and give actual result.
    Das, Aug 2, 2005
  7. chellappa

    CBFalconer Guest

    Das wrote:

    > Yes harder, but for educational purposes it is ok. but there is
    > no guarantee the code will be compiled and give actual result.

    Is this supposed to have some meaning? Include suitable context.
    See my sig. below for how to do it even with the google usenet
    interface.

    CBFalconer, Aug 2, 2005