c decompiler

chellappa

Hi there everybody..
I have a object(a.out) file which is running on a Linux..
I need to decompile this objectfile to c source code.Can anybody tell
me where to
get a good c decompiler or how to go about this.
Thanking you all in advance
Chellappa

CBFalconer

+-------------------+ .:\:\:/:/:.
+-------------------+ / \
| | @@@ / /|,,,,,|\ \
| | @@@ /_// /^\ \\_\
@x@@x@ | | |/ WW( ( ) )WW
\||||/ | | \| __\,,\ /,,/__
\||/ | | | jgs (______Y______)
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

ashok.s.das

is it in elf format??? if it is in aout format then you can have
convert back to
..c file but it is difficult.
first you have to reverse engineer it to .asm or .s then u can use
asm2c to get your work done. but the end result is not exactly the same
as original.

Russell Shaw

is it in elf format??? if it is in aout format then you can have
convert back to
.c file but it is difficult.
first you have to reverse engineer it to .asm or .s then u can use
asm2c to get your work done. but the end result is not exactly the same
as original.

cow -> hamburger easy
hamburger -> functional_cow a little harder;)

Kenneth Brody

Russell said:
cow -> hamburger easy
hamburger -> functional_cow a little harder;)

You might be able to get it back into the shape of a cow relatively
easily. However, it may or may not look anything like the original
cow(s).

Das

Yes harder, but for educational purposes it is ok. but there is no
guarantee the code will be compiled and give actual result.

CBFalconer

Das said:
Yes harder, but for educational purposes it is ok. but there is
no guarantee the code will be compiled and give actual result.

Is this supposed to have some meaning? Include suitable context.
See my sig. below for how to do it even with the google usenet
interface.