    well.

    Thanks,
    Jim
    Jim, Jul 10, 2008

  2. Jim <> writes:

    > Hello,
    > I've become an ok C++ programmer in terms of syntax, but never had
    > cause to program anything large, and I think my designs suffer from
    > being self-taught, just get it working etc. I was wondering if any of
    > you know of any resources, books, websites, etc, that you would
    > recommend.

    These are orthogonal skills mainly. Study a few good OO design books,
    including "Design Patterns" from the Gang of Four.

    And I would also advise SICP:

    Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
    http://mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/full-text/book/book-Z-H-4.html
    http://swiss.csail.mit.edu/classes/6.001/abelson-sussman-lectures/

    Note that this is not a book about scheme, it just happen to use it
    for the examples and exercises, but they're translated in several
    other programming languages, including C++:

    http://www.codepoetics.com/wiki/index.php?title=Topics:SICP_in_other_languages

    --
    __Pascal Bourguignon__
    Pascal J. Bourguignon, Jul 10, 2008