C editor and debugger - Linux

j.smith2c

Hi all,

I am using Linux system. I am using gcc. Which editor
and debugger you recommend for C programming?

Thanks.

smith

vippstar

Hi all,

I am using Linux system. I am using gcc. Which editor
and debugger you recommend for C programming?
This is not an appropriate newsgroup to ask for system specific
utilities.
The C standards do not mention a compiler or a debugger.
On linux, usually you use gcc and gdb.

santosh

Hi all,

I am using Linux system. I am using gcc. Which editor
and debugger you recommend for C programming?

Thanks.

This is not really on topic for this group. Why don't ask in a group
like <or
<or something related. There are
also many web forums for Linux development.

<OT>
I use vim for source editing and gdb for debugging. Literally hundreds
of editors are available but only a few have really good support for
editing programs and vim is, IMAO, top of the heap.

As for debugging, you'll have a hard time replacing gdb under Linux.
</OT>

Richard Tobin

santosh said:
I use vim for source editing and gdb for debugging. Literally hundreds
of editors are available but only a few have really good support for
editing programs and vim is, IMAO, top of the heap.

Except for emacs, of course.

-- Richard