    Thanks.

    smith
    , Dec 5, 2007

    On Dec 5, 4:00 pm, ""
    <> wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am using Linux system. I am using gcc. Which editor
    > and debugger you recommend for C programming?

    This is not an appropriate newsgroup to ask for system specific
    utilities.
    The C standards do not mention a compiler or a debugger.
    On linux, usually you use gcc and gdb.
    , Dec 5, 2007

  3. santosh Guest

    wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am using Linux system. I am using gcc. Which editor
    > and debugger you recommend for C programming?
    >
    > Thanks.

    This is not really on topic for this group. Why don't ask in a group
    like <news:comp.unix.programming> or
    <news:comp.os.linux.development.apps> or something related. There are
    also many web forums for Linux development.

    <OT>
    I use vim for source editing and gdb for debugging. Literally hundreds
    of editors are available but only a few have really good support for
    editing programs and vim is, IMAO, top of the heap.

    As for debugging, you'll have a hard time replacing gdb under Linux.
    </OT>
    santosh, Dec 5, 2007
  4. Richard Guest

    Richard, Dec 5, 2007
  5. In article <fj6b5n$vo3$>,
    santosh <> wrote:

    >I use vim for source editing and gdb for debugging. Literally hundreds
    >of editors are available but only a few have really good support for
    >editing programs and vim is, IMAO, top of the heap.

    Except for emacs, of course.

    -- Richard
    --
    :wq