C++ editors and IDEs

Discussion in 'C++' started by Mohitz, Jun 28, 2007.

  1. Mohitz

    Mohitz Guest

    Hi

    I have recently migrated from Java to C++ and find it really cool.

    I am currently using Emacs. I know its good because you can customize
    it the way you want. But, i dont think it beats an IDE like eclipse
    for Java.
    eclipse lets you do so much for java..

    1. Syntax Error Highlighting
    2. Content Assist with list of var/func
    3. Getters and Setters
    4. Defining Constructors

    The list just goes on...

    Opinions??

    Also, are there any IDEs for C++ ? I haven't come across any...

    Mohit
    Mohitz, Jun 28, 2007

  2. Mohitz

    jalina Guest

    Mohitz a écrit :
    > Hi
    >
    > I have recently migrated from Java to C++ and find it really cool.
    >
    > I am currently using Emacs. I know its good because you can customize
    > it the way you want. But, i dont think it beats an IDE like eclipse
    > for Java.
    > eclipse lets you do so much for java..
    >
    > 1. Syntax Error Highlighting
    > 2. Content Assist with list of var/func
    > 3. Getters and Setters
    > 4. Defining Constructors
    >
    > The list just goes on...
    >
    > Opinions??
    >
    > Also, are there any IDEs for C++ ? I haven't come across any...
    >
    > Mohit

    Well, Eclipse is an IDE and can be used for C++. Look for the CDT plugin.

    J.
    jalina, Jun 28, 2007