C++ Exercises

Discussion in 'C++' started by Wous Mant, May 7, 2004.

  1. Wous Mant

    Wous Mant Guest

    Hello,
    I am a student in an university and studying C++.Final exams are
    coming.I'd like to solve as much exercises as possible.I'd like you to
    test myself with different kind of exercises.Do you know any website
    where there are exercises with solutions so I can try to solve them
    and can look at the solutions when I'm stucked.I'd like to get
    exercises about;
    Strings
    Arrays
    Pointers
    Dynamic Memory Allocation
    Classes
    Inheritance
    Exception Handling

    Or if you have some can you please send them to

    Thank you in advance

    Wous Mant, May 7, 2004

  2. Wous Mant

    rossum Guest

    On 7 May 2004 12:08:22 -0700, (Wous Mant) wrote:

    >Hello,
    >I am a student in an university and studying C++.Final exams are
    >coming.I'd like to solve as much exercises as possible.I'd like you to
    >test myself with different kind of exercises.Do you know any website
    >where there are exercises with solutions so I can try to solve them
    >and can look at the solutions when I'm stucked.I'd like to get
    >exercises about;
    >Strings
    >Arrays
    >Pointers
    >Dynamic Memory Allocation
    >Classes
    >Inheritance
    >Exception Handling
    >
    >Or if you have some can you please send them to
    >

    >Thank you in advance

    Try these:

    http://www.christs.cam.ac.uk/bio/problems.html

    http://www.nist.gov/dads/

    http://acm.uva.es/problemset/

    All from the FAQ:
    http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/newbie.html#faq-29.2

    rossum

    --

    The Ultimate Truth is that there is no Ultimate Truth

    rossum, May 7, 2004

  3. Wous Mant

    Wous Mant Guest

    Probably you missunderstood me.I am looking for questions like we get
    in the exam.So by solving them,I can be prepared.Every help and link
    is appriciated.
    Thank you

    Wous Mant, May 13, 2004
  4. * (Wous Mant) schriebt:
    > Probably you missunderstood me.I am looking for questions like we get
    > in the exam.So by solving them,I can be prepared.Every help and link
    > is appriciated.

    1) The FAQ is a good place to start.
    2) Your lecturer should ideally be a good person to ask.
    3) Google and other search engines are your friends.

    Presumably you have text-book, which one is that?

    If it is a good one, try to do the exercises in the book.

    Hth.

    - Alf

    --
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

    Alf P. Steinbach, May 13, 2004
  5. Wous Mant

    osmium Guest

    Wous Mant writes:

    > Probably you missunderstood me.I am looking for questions like we get
    > in the exam.So by solving them,I can be prepared.Every help and link
    > is appriciated.

    Usenet is a lossy medium, that is, we don't all get all the messages. When
    you respond without attribution, as you did here, it makes it very hard to
    help. As I see this complete thread you asked a question and got what looks
    to me like one reasonable answer and another answer which presumes you are
    too <something> to look at your text book. You must post a *complete*
    thought to get non-insulting help. You may get insulted anyway, that's the
    nature of the beast.

    osmium, May 13, 2004
  6. Wous Mant wrote:

    > Probably you missunderstood me.I am looking for questions like we get
    > in the exam.So by solving them,I can be prepared.Every help and link
    > is appriciated.
    > Thank you

    rossum has posted a number of links.
    Among them is
    http://acm.uva.es/problemset/

    I just took a look at it. If you can solve them
    you don't have to worry about your exam.

    --
    Karl Heinz Buchegger

    Karl Heinz Buchegger, May 13, 2004
  7. Take a look at the Bjarne Stroustrup's C++ book, I think
    there's actually a C++ Answer book which has solutions
    to the exercises.

    Dave Townsend, May 23, 2004
  8. Wous Mant

    Pmb Guest

    "Dave Townsend" <> wrote in message

    > Take a look at the Bjarne Stroustrup's C++ book, I think
    > there's actually a C++ Answer book which has solutions
    > to the exercises.
    >

    > "Wous Mant" <> wrote in message
    > > Hello,
    > > I am a student in an university and studying C++.Final exams are
    > > coming.I'd like to solve as much exercises as possible.I'd like you to
    > > test myself with different kind of exercises.Do you know any website
    > > where there are exercises with solutions so I can try to solve them
    > > and can look at the solutions when I'm stucked.I'd like to get
    > > exercises about;
    > > Strings
    > > Arrays
    > > Pointers
    > > Dynamic Memory Allocation
    > > Classes
    > > Inheritance
    > > Exception Handling
    > >
    > > Or if you have some can you please send them to
    > >

    > > Thank you in advance

    I have Deitel's text "C++; How to Program" and I find it to be an excellent
    text. I got the package deal where it comes with some software, but that may
    be the only way it comes (someone gave it to me). It has answers to review
    exercises and it has the source code to some of the programming exercises.

    Pmb

    Pmb, May 23, 2004
  9. Wous Mant

    Pmb Guest

    "Pmb" <> wrote in message

    > "Dave Townsend" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Take a look at the Bjarne Stroustrup's C++ book, I think
    > > there's actually a C++ Answer book which has solutions
    > > to the exercises.
    > >

    > > "Wous Mant" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hello,
    > > > I am a student in an university and studying C++.Final exams are
    > > > coming.I'd like to solve as much exercises as possible.I'd like you to
    > > > test myself with different kind of exercises.Do you know any website
    > > > where there are exercises with solutions so I can try to solve them
    > > > and can look at the solutions when I'm stucked.I'd like to get
    > > > exercises about;
    > > > Strings
    > > > Arrays
    > > > Pointers
    > > > Dynamic Memory Allocation
    > > > Classes
    > > > Inheritance
    > > > Exception Handling
    > > >
    > > > Or if you have some can you please send them to
    > > >

    > > > Thank you in advance

    > I have Deitel's text "C++; How to Program" and I find it to be an

    excellent
    > text. I got the package deal where it comes with some software, but that

    may
    > be the only way it comes (someone gave it to me). It has answers to review
    > exercises and it has the source code to some of the programming exercises.
    >
    > Pmb

    See also --
    http://nova.umuc.edu/~jarc/sdsd/
    http://www.cs.rit.edu/~icss263/exercises.html