C++ extention

Jesper Olsen

I have a python extention implemented in C/C++
- the extention itself is internally implemented in C++, but
the interface is pure C, so that it can easily be called from
a python C-wrapper.

The extention is compiled with distutils, and this has worked
well in both Windows and Linux environments.

Now, however, I get an

undefined symbol _ZTVN10__cxxabiv117__class_type_infoE

when I try to import the extention on Linux (only linux).

I think this has happened after gcc was upgraded to gcc 3.2.2

Has anyone seen this? What could be the problem?

Jesper

Jesper Olsen

I don't know why
I have a python extention implemented in C/C++
- the extention itself is internally implemented in C++, but
the interface is pure C, so that it can easily be called from
a python C-wrapper.

The extention is compiled with distutils, and this has worked
well in both Windows and Linux environments.

Now, however, I get an

undefined symbol _ZTVN10__cxxabiv117__class_type_infoE

when I try to import the extention on Linux (only linux).

I think this has happened after gcc was upgraded to gcc 3.2.2

Has anyone seen this? What could be the problem?

Jesper

I don't know why this tedious problem has cropped up with the new
gcc - but anyway I have fixed it now by "manually" forcing it to
choose g++ as the linker - on linux platforms.
It would be nice if distutils could take care of this itself...

Jesper