C FAQ

Mike Wahler

Mike Wahler said:
What indicates to you that that option is available?
Try looking wherever that was.

The C FAQ can be ftp'd from rtfm.mit.edu
or accessed via http
at http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html

-Mike

Out of curiousity, I did some research on this
(which you could as easily have done yourself).

For the benefit of anyone else reading, here's
what I did:

I sent what I considered to be a 'garbage' message
(I put 'blahblahblah' in the body) to that address,
and as expected, I got back a message telling me I
had errors in my request.

Included in that message was:

<quote>
For general information on using the mail server, send a message
to "(e-mail address removed)" with a body of:

help

For a listing of top-level files and directories available at this
site, send a message to "(e-mail address removed)" with a body of:

<end quote>

I sent a 'help' and an 'index' message, which resulted
in my receiving two messages which told me all I needed
to know.

After reading that, I sent a message to (e-mail address removed)
with a body containing the command:

send usenet-by-group/comp.lang.c/C-FAQ-list

I received the C FAQ, broken into six separate messages
(which btw I found rather courteous, instead of sending
me one huge message and 'bogging down' my other mail).

-Mike