  1. Guest

    I'm totally new to c++ and I don't know how to open a .c++ file.

    , Jun 28, 2007

  2. v0id Guest

    On 28 Jun., 17:06, wrote:
    > I'm totally new to c++ and I don't know how to open a .c++ file.

    Pick up your favorite editor, and see what's inside.
    Usually, C++ source files has an extension such as "cpp", "cxx", "cc",
    etc.

    v0id, Jun 28, 2007

  3. Mike Wahler Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > I'm totally new to c++ and I don't know how to open a .c++ file.

    Use any text editor.

    -Mike

    Mike Wahler, Jun 28, 2007

    On Jun 28, 5:06 pm, wrote:
    > I'm totally new to c++ and I don't know how to open a .c++ file.

    I mean: how to run your c++ program?

    , Jun 28, 2007
  5. wrote:
    > On Jun 28, 5:06 pm, wrote:
    >> I'm totally new to c++ and I don't know how to open a .c++ file.

    > I mean: how to run your c++ program?

    You need to compile it. The compilation will result in a runable
    (executable) file, eventually. As to how precisely to do that,
    what commands to issue, you need to find out from the documentation
    for your compiler.

    Victor Bazarov, Jun 28, 2007
  6. James Kanze Guest

    On Jun 28, 8:12 pm, "Victor Bazarov" <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > On Jun 28, 5:06 pm, wrote:
    > >> I'm totally new to c++ and I don't know how to open a .c++ file.

    > > I mean: how to run your c++ program?

    > You need to compile it. The compilation will result in a runable
    > (executable) file, eventually. As to how precisely to do that,
    > what commands to issue, you need to find out from the documentation
    > for your compiler.

    Or system. Normally, the compiler is through once it's
    generated the executable. On most systems, it's sufficient to
    enter the name of the generated program on the command line, at
    least if the compiler has generated it in the current directory
    (the default for all compilers I know), and the current
    directory is in your path. (How to ensure that the current
    directory is in your path depends on the system.)

    --
    James Kanze (GABI Software) email:

    James Kanze, Jun 29, 2007