C++ Framework

Discussion in 'C++' started by R.A. Nagy, Jun 24, 2008.

  1. R.A. Nagy

    R.A. Nagy Guest

    Hi guys,

    I've a C++ framework. It would be great to complete the port to Linux for
    several reasons:

    (1) It uses STDLIB.
    (2) It works with GCC
    (3) It is 100% implemented on WIN32 (about 90% on Linux)
    (4) I use it all of my commercial products
    (5) It has support for POSIX file systems, indexing, embedded database,
    POP3, NNTP, email, RFC Servers, Logging, and much, much, more.

    While I do not have the time to do much with it at the moment (gotta earn a
    living, etc), I wanted to see if anyone might be interested in the port.

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdnoj/

    Just #define UNIX or WIN32 to see what is what.

    Thanks,

    Rn
    http://www.Soft9000.com

    R.A. Nagy, Jun 24, 2008

  2. R.A. Nagy

    dhlewis48 Guest

    On Jun 25, 12:39 am, "R.A. Nagy" <> wrote:
    > Hi guys,
    >
    > I've a C++ framework. It would be great to complete the port to Linux for
    > several reasons:
    >
    > (1) It uses STDLIB.
    > (2) It works with GCC
    > (3) It is 100% implemented on WIN32 (about 90% on Linux)
    > (4) I use it all of my commercial products
    > (5) It has support for POSIX file systems, indexing, embedded database,
    > POP3, NNTP, email, RFC Servers, Logging, and much, much, more.
    >
    > While I do not have the time to do much with it at the moment (gotta earn a
    > living, etc), I wanted to see if anyone might be interested in the port.
    >
    > http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdnoj/
    >
    > Just #define UNIX or WIN32 to see what is what.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Rnhttp://www.Soft9000.com

    Hi.

    I too have a framework which I developed myself for Linux, FreeBSD
    and Solaris. I only have the Linux version.

    I just set up a SourceForge project 'librcore' a couple of days ago.
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/librcore/

    I have never used SF before to administer a project so I need to
    figure out how to get the sources installed.

    The framework uses a fair bit of C++ STL, standard C library, and
    has a lot of utility classes. It is based on the work I did in
    developing a RADIUS server and VoIP minutes billing system sometime
    back (no proprietary information in it).

    I have the sources but they aren't tested yet. The framework
    categorizes classes according to how they are used. Eg there are
    values, configuration classes (non-XML), compressed flexible data
    strutures, generic database interfaces (I've done for PostgreSQL,
    and I will be including targets for OpenLDAP, Oracle, and MySQL),
    task and inter-task communications, abstractions of files (in
    the POSIX and Unix style), multi-threading, hash-tables (memory
    and persistent) and so on.

    I chose the GPL, LGPL and public domain licences, so it's free.
    I'm inviting comments, participation and co-operation to all
    interested. Now that I see you have your own framework I was
    thinking of some sort of co-operation and exchange of ideas, if
    you are interested.

    Cheers!
    David Lewis

    dhlewis48, Jun 25, 2008

  3. R.A. Nagy

    R.A. Nagy Guest

    "dhlewis48" <> wrote in message
    > On Jun 25, 12:39 am, "R.A. Nagy" <> wrote:
    >> Hi guys,
    >>
    >> I've a C++ framework. It would be great to complete the port to Linux for
    >> several reasons:
    >>
    >> (1) It uses STDLIB.
    >> (2) It works with GCC
    >> (3) It is 100% implemented on WIN32 (about 90% on Linux)
    >> (4) I use it all of my commercial products
    >> (5) It has support for POSIX file systems, indexing, embedded database,
    >> POP3, NNTP, email, RFC Servers, Logging, and much, much, more.
    >>
    >> While I do not have the time to do much with it at the moment (gotta earn
    >> living, etc), I wanted to see if anyone might be interested in the port.
    >>
    >> http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdnoj/
    >>
    >> Just #define UNIX or WIN32 to see what is what.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Rnhttp://www.Soft9000.com

    > Hi.
    >
    > I too have a framework which I developed myself for Linux, FreeBSD
    > and Solaris. I only have the Linux version.
    >
    > I just set up a SourceForge project 'librcore' a couple of days ago.
    > http://sourceforge.net/projects/librcore/
    >
    > I have never used SF before to administer a project so I need to
    > figure out how to get the sources installed.
    >
    > The framework uses a fair bit of C++ STL, standard C library, and
    > has a lot of utility classes. It is based on the work I did in
    > developing a RADIUS server and VoIP minutes billing system sometime
    > back (no proprietary information in it).
    >
    > I have the sources but they aren't tested yet. The framework
    > categorizes classes according to how they are used. Eg there are
    > values, configuration classes (non-XML), compressed flexible data
    > strutures, generic database interfaces (I've done for PostgreSQL,
    > and I will be including targets for OpenLDAP, Oracle, and MySQL),
    > task and inter-task communications, abstractions of files (in
    > the POSIX and Unix style), multi-threading, hash-tables (memory
    > and persistent) and so on.
    >
    > I chose the GPL, LGPL and public domain licences, so it's free.
    > I'm inviting comments, participation and co-operation to all
    > interested. Now that I see you have your own framework I was
    > thinking of some sort of co-operation and exchange of ideas, if
    > you are interested.
    >
    > Cheers!
    > David Lewis

    David,

    Sounds great.

    We definitely should talk. Will gmail you later on today. Feel free to do
    the same as your time permits.

    Anyone else want to geek out with us here? We C++ guys need to combine
    forces if we want to make excellent things happen - tools that rival those
    ever-depricating frameworks for .NET and Java!

    :)

    p.s.

    The UI at SourceForge.net is not very intuitive. Many feel that the
    interface is *slightly* worse than Eclipse ;)

    Rn

    R.A. Nagy, Jun 25, 2008
  4. R.A. Nagy

    R.A. Nagy Guest

    "Fernando Gómez" <> wrote in message
    > R.A. Nagy wrote:
    >> "dhlewis48" <> wrote in message

    >>> Hi.
    >>>
    >>> I too have a framework which I developed myself for Linux, FreeBSD
    >>> and Solaris. I only have the Linux version.
    >>>
    >>> I just set up a SourceForge project 'librcore' a couple of days ago.
    >>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/librcore/
    >>>
    >>> I have never used SF before to administer a project so I need to
    >>> figure out how to get the sources installed.
    >>>
    >>> The framework uses a fair bit of C++ STL, standard C library, and
    >>> has a lot of utility classes. It is based on the work I did in
    >>> developing a RADIUS server and VoIP minutes billing system sometime
    >>> back (no proprietary information in it).
    >>>
    >>> I have the sources but they aren't tested yet. The framework
    >>> categorizes classes according to how they are used. Eg there are
    >>> values, configuration classes (non-XML), compressed flexible data
    >>> strutures, generic database interfaces (I've done for PostgreSQL,
    >>> and I will be including targets for OpenLDAP, Oracle, and MySQL),
    >>> task and inter-task communications, abstractions of files (in
    >>> the POSIX and Unix style), multi-threading, hash-tables (memory
    >>> and persistent) and so on.
    >>>
    >>> I chose the GPL, LGPL and public domain licences, so it's free.
    >>> I'm inviting comments, participation and co-operation to all
    >>> interested. Now that I see you have your own framework I was
    >>> thinking of some sort of co-operation and exchange of ideas, if
    >>> you are interested.
    >>>
    >>> Cheers!
    >>> David Lewis

    >> David,
    >>
    >> Sounds great.
    >>
    >> We definitely should talk. Will gmail you later on today. Feel free to do
    >> the same as your time permits.
    >>
    >> Anyone else want to geek out with us here? We C++ guys need to combine
    >> forces if we want to make excellent things happen - tools that rival
    >> those ever-depricating frameworks for .NET and Java!
    >>
    >> :)
    >>
    >> p.s.
    >>
    >> The UI at SourceForge.net is not very intuitive. Many feel that the
    >> interface is *slightly* worse than Eclipse ;)
    >>
    >> Rn
    >>

    > Ok, so I'm interested. I'll look to your code. I always wanted to port the
    > .NET Framework to a C++ version, or something like that.
    >
    > As far as I have time, I'll look into your framework.

    > http://www.usenet.com

    Welcome & thanks!

    Rn

    R.A. Nagy, Jun 25, 2008