C++ General

Sourcerer

Is there a definition of C++ standard, and is it available on the Internet?
Where?

Thanks,
Nikola Novak

--
"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it easy in solitude
to live after our own; but the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd

Mehturt

Sourcerer said:
Is there a definition of C++ standard, and is it available on the Internet?
Where?
Yes it is. Even though it's not free it can be found on google.

Sourcerer

RajaJee said:
I am sure you will find the answer to your question in the C++ section
of http://www.pickatutorial.com

Thanks, but no. I was actually hoping to get my hands on the definition of
standard C++.

--
"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it easy in solitude
to live after our own; but the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd
keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude."
Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self-reliance 1841
http://pinpoint.wordpress.com/

Rolf Magnus

Sourcerer said:
Thanks, but no. I was actually hoping to get my hands on the definition of
standard C++.

Then go to webstore.ansi.org or www.iso.org and search for ISO/IEC 14882.
You can buy the PDF version there.

Sourcerer

Rolf Magnus said:
Then go to webstore.ansi.org or www.iso.org and search for ISO/IEC 14882.
You can buy the PDF version there.

Thanks. I'll pass, I guess. :)

--
"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it easy in solitude
to live after our own; but the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd
keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude."
Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self-reliance 1841
http://pinpoint.wordpress.com/

Sourcerer

Sylvester Hesp said:
Hint: google for that name ;)

I did. Isn't that document protected by Copyright law?

--
"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it easy in solitude
to live after our own; but the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd
keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude."
Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self-reliance 1841
http://pinpoint.wordpress.com/

Rolf Magnus

Sourcerer said:
Thanks. I'll pass, I guess. :)

Well, the ansi webstore has it for 30 dollars, so it's still in an
affordable price range for most individuals.

Noah Roberts

Sourcerer said:
Is there a definition of C++ standard, and is it available on the Internet?
Where?

You can always get the latest *draft* from the ISO website.

The official standard is available for purchase in ebook and hardcover
form.

?

=?iso-8859-1?q?Erik_Wikstr=F6m?=

You can always get the latest *draft* from the ISO website.

If you want as close to the standard as possible, try finding a draft
right before or right after the standard was published.