    keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self-reliance 1841
    http://pinpoint.wordpress.com/
    Sourcerer, Jan 15, 2007

  2. Sourcerer

    Guest

    Sourcerer wrote:
    > Is there a definition of C++ standard, and is it available on the Internet?
    > Where?

    Yes it is. Even though it's not free it can be found on google.
    , Jan 15, 2007

  3. Sourcerer

    RajaJee Guest

    I am sure you will find the answer to your question in the C++ section
    of http://www.pickatutorial.com

    RajaJee, Jan 15, 2007
  4. Sourcerer

    Sourcerer Guest

    "RajaJee" <> wrote in message
    >I am sure you will find the answer to your question in the C++ section
    > of http://www.pickatutorial.com

    Thanks, but no. I was actually hoping to get my hands on the definition of
    standard C++.

    Sourcerer, Jan 15, 2007
  5. Sourcerer

    Rolf Magnus Guest

    Sourcerer wrote:

    > "RajaJee" <> wrote in message
    >>I am sure you will find the answer to your question in the C++ section
    >> of http://www.pickatutorial.com

    > Thanks, but no. I was actually hoping to get my hands on the definition of
    > standard C++.

    Then go to webstore.ansi.org or www.iso.org and search for ISO/IEC 14882.
    You can buy the PDF version there.
    Rolf Magnus, Jan 15, 2007
  6. "Rolf Magnus" <> wrote in message
    > Sourcerer wrote:
    >
    >> "RajaJee" <> wrote in message
    >>>I am sure you will find the answer to your question in the C++ section
    >>> of http://www.pickatutorial.com

    >> Thanks, but no. I was actually hoping to get my hands on the definition
    >> of
    >> standard C++.

    > Then go to webstore.ansi.org or www.iso.org and search for ISO/IEC 14882.
    > You can buy the PDF version there.

    Hint: google for that name ;)
    Sylvester Hesp, Jan 15, 2007
  7. Sourcerer

    Sourcerer Guest

    "Rolf Magnus" <> wrote in message
    > Sourcerer wrote:
    >
    >> "RajaJee" <> wrote in message
    >>>I am sure you will find the answer to your question in the C++ section
    >>> of http://www.pickatutorial.com

    >> Thanks, but no. I was actually hoping to get my hands on the definition of
    >> standard C++.

    > Then go to webstore.ansi.org or www.iso.org and search for ISO/IEC 14882.
    > You can buy the PDF version there.

    Thanks. I'll pass, I guess. :)

    Sourcerer, Jan 17, 2007
  8. Sourcerer

    Sourcerer Guest

    "Sylvester Hesp" <> wrote in message

    > "Rolf Magnus" <> wrote in message
    >> Sourcerer wrote:
    >>
    >>> "RajaJee" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Thanks, but no. I was actually hoping to get my hands on the definition of
    >>> standard C++.

    >> Then go to webstore.ansi.org or www.iso.org and search for ISO/IEC 14882.
    >> You can buy the PDF version there.
    >>

    > Hint: google for that name ;)

    I did. Isn't that document protected by Copyright law?

    Sourcerer, Jan 17, 2007
  9. Sourcerer

    Rolf Magnus Guest

    Sourcerer wrote:

    >>> Thanks, but no. I was actually hoping to get my hands on the definition
    >>> of standard C++.

    >> Then go to webstore.ansi.org or www.iso.org and search for ISO/IEC 14882.
    >> You can buy the PDF version there.

    > Thanks. I'll pass, I guess. :)

    Well, the ansi webstore has it for 30 dollars, so it's still in an
    affordable price range for most individuals.
    Rolf Magnus, Jan 17, 2007
  10. Sourcerer

    Noah Roberts Guest

    Sourcerer wrote:
    > Is there a definition of C++ standard, and is it available on the Internet?
    > Where?

    You can always get the latest *draft* from the ISO website.

    The official standard is available for purchase in ebook and hardcover
    form.
    Noah Roberts, Jan 17, 2007
  11. On Jan 18, 12:54 am, "Noah Roberts" <> wrote:
    > Sourcerer wrote:
    > > Is there a definition of C++ standard, and is it available on the Internet?
    > > Where?

    >You can always get the latest *draft* from the ISO website.

    If you want as close to the standard as possible, try finding a draft
    right before or right after the standard was published.

    --
    Erik Wikström
    =?iso-8859-1?q?Erik_Wikstr=F6m?=, Jan 18, 2007