    I "listen" to either the serial or parallel (may be USB?) ports for data
    from the external source. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

    Sonoman

    Sonoman, Jul 30, 2004

  2. On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 01:14:11 -0400, Sonoman <>
    wrote:

    > Hi all:
    > I tried searching on the net, but I do not even know what I am looking
    > for. What I want to do is to write aprogram using C++ that will gather
    > data from an external microprocessor, format it and write it to a file
    > for later use. I can handle pretty much everything exept the part where
    > I "listen" to either the serial or parallel (may be USB?) ports for data
    > from the external source. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Sonoman

    You question is off topic for this group, please read this groups welcome
    message for a description of what this group is about and some suggestions
    for alternative groups where your question might be on topic.

    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

    john

    John Harrison, Jul 30, 2004

  3. Sonoman

    JKop Guest

    Sonoman posted:

    > Hi all:
    > I tried searching on the net, but I do not even know what

    I am looking
    > for. What I want to do is to write aprogram using C++

    that will gather
    > data from an external microprocessor, format it and write

    it to a file
    > for later use. I can handle pretty much everything exept

    the part where
    > I "listen" to either the serial or parallel (may be USB?)

    ports for data
    > from the external source. Any help will be greatly

    appreciated.

    > Sonoman

    OFF-TOPIC

    If your platform is MSWindows, then: