    Where do I find the complete c++ grammar (including the preprocessor
    instructions etc.)?

    Thanks

    Costa B., Aug 22, 2004

  2. Costa B.

    Costa B. Guest

    If you go to http://webstore.ansi.org and then search for 14882 the search
    returns two documents:

    1. ISO/IEC 14882:2003 Programming languages - C++ $281
    2. INCITS/ISO/IEC 14882-2003 Programming languages - C++ $18

    Can someone explain me what is the difference (besides the price) between
    the two documents? I am a looking for the full c++ grammar.

    Thanks

    Costa B., Aug 22, 2004

  3. Costa B.

    red floyd Guest

    Costa B. wrote:

    > If you go to http://webstore.ansi.org and then search for 14882 the search
    > returns two documents:
    >
    > 1. ISO/IEC 14882:2003 Programming languages - C++ $281
    > 2. INCITS/ISO/IEC 14882-2003 Programming languages - C++ $18
    >
    > Can someone explain me what is the difference (besides the price) between
    > the two documents? I am a looking for the full c++ grammar.

    The expensive one is dead tree. The $18 is PDF.

    red floyd, Aug 22, 2004
  4. Costa B.

    osmium Guest

    Costa B. writes:

    > Where do I find the complete c++ grammar (including the preprocessor
    > instructions etc.)?

    Words like "complete" scare me off a bit. But I use K&R for the
    preprocessor and Stroustrup for BNF for the C++ language. In each book,
    they are in Appendix A

    osmium, Aug 22, 2004
  5. Costa B.

    Ron Natalie Guest

    "osmium" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Costa B. writes:
    >
    > > Where do I find the complete c++ grammar (including the preprocessor
    > > instructions etc.)?

    > Words like "complete" scare me off a bit. But I use K&R for the
    > preprocessor and Stroustrup for BNF for the C++ language. In each book,
    > they are in Appendix A

    Neither one is accurate for the language expressed by the current version of
    the standard. K&R doesn't even describe the original ANSI C properly.

    Ron Natalie, Aug 23, 2004