    - Why is it that there are not many GUI libraries for C?
    - Has anyone done C GTK programming? Is it alright?
    - Can anyone suggest an alternative for C that is cross-platform?

    Khookie, Dec 10, 2007

  2. Khookie

    harsha Guest

    harsha, Dec 10, 2007

  3. On 10 Dec, 02:25, Khookie <> wrote:
    (re: gui libraries)
    > - Can anyone suggest an alternative for C that is cross-platform?

    You can use the tcl/tk libraries directly from C.

    William Pursell, Dec 10, 2007
  4. Khookie

    Simon Gerber Guest

    Khookie wrote on Sun, 09 Dec 2007 18:25:49 -0800:

    > Apologies since this is outside the C spec & is in all likelihood vendor
    > spec, but I thought this would be the best & most sensible group to ask.
    > Please let me know if there is another group that could answer the
    > questions better.
    >
    > I've been looking at cross-platform desktop GUI libraries (specifically
    > Windows & Linux), and it seems that most of them are for C++ (wxWidgets,
    > Qt, FLTK...).
    >
    > The only one I noticed that was for C is GTK.
    >
    > So:
    > - Why is it that there are not many GUI libraries for C? - Has anyone
    > done C GTK programming? Is it alright? - Can anyone suggest an
    > alternative for C that is cross-platform?

    I've used GTK+ for a while, and I'd say it's alright -- while not as
    comfortable as having a really OO language for doing GUI which heavily
    depends on signals and object manipulation -- for doing object based/GUI
    programming in C.

    --
    Simon Gerber

    Simon Gerber, Dec 10, 2007
  5. Khookiewrote:
    >I've been looking at cross-platform desktop GUI libraries
    >- Can anyone suggest an alternative for C that is cross-platform?

    Check DEPUI at http://www.deleveld.dds.nl/depui33/depui.htm

    Roberto Waltman

    [ Please reply to the group,
    return address is invalid ]

    Roberto Waltman, Dec 10, 2007
  6. Khookie

    SM Ryan Guest

    #
    # I've been looking at cross-platform desktop GUI libraries
    # (specifically Windows & Linux), and it seems that most of them are for
    # C++ (wxWidgets, Qt, FLTK...).
    #
    # The only one I noticed that was for C is GTK.

    X-Windows, Carbon, Tcl. Perhaps whatever abomonation Microsoft excretes.

    --
    SM Ryan http://www.rawbw.com/~wyrmwif/
    God's a skeeball fanatic.

    SM Ryan, Dec 11, 2007