C++ implementation of FD grids etc.

Leslaw Bieniasz

Hi,

Can anybody point me to the examples of C++ implementation
of things like finite-difference grids, grid nodes, grid discretisations,
etc., in the context of the solving of BVPs for ODEs and IBVPs for
PDEs? I'd like to have some overview of the existing OOP design
approaches in this area (especially for finite-differences).

L.B.

| Dr. Leslaw Bieniasz, |
| Institute of Physical Chemistry of the Polish Academy of Sciences,|
| Department of Electrochemical Oxidation of Gaseous Fuels, |
| ul. Zagrody 13, 30-318 Cracow, Poland. |
| tel./fax: +48 (12) 266-03-41 |
| E-mail: (e-mail address removed) |
| Interested in Computational Electrochemistry? |
| Visit my web site: http://www.cyf-kr.edu.pl/~nbbienia |

mlimber

Leslaw said:
Can anybody point me to the examples of C++ implementation
of things like finite-difference grids, grid nodes, grid discretisations,
etc., in the context of the solving of BVPs for ODEs and IBVPs for
PDEs? I'd like to have some overview of the existing OOP design
approaches in this area (especially for finite-differences).

See this FAQ for some possible links:

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/class-libraries.html#faq-37.9

You might also try in newsgroup dedicated to your application domain.
Here we discuss the C++ language proper, not arbitrary applications of
it (see
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9).

Cheers! --M

Victor Bazarov

Leslaw said:
Can anybody point me to the examples of C++ implementation
of things like finite-difference grids, grid nodes, grid
discretisations, etc., in the context of the solving of BVPs for ODEs
and IBVPs for
PDEs? I'd like to have some overview of the existing OOP design
approaches in this area (especially for finite-differences).
www.google.com.

L.B.

Add two dashes on a separate line just before your credentials so that
our news readers could recognize it as noise and cut it away at quoting,
like so:

Dr. Leslaw Bieniasz, |
[..plug plug..]

chandu

E. Robert Tisdale

Leslaw said:
Can anybody point me to the examples of C++ implementation
of things like finite-difference grids, grid nodes, grid discretisations,
etc., in the context of the solving of BVPs for ODEs and IBVPs for
PDEs? I'd like to have some overview of the existing OOP design
approaches in this area (especially for finite-differences).
Have you tried The Object-Oriented Numerics Page:

http://www.oonumerics.org/oon/