C++ in a windows plateform

mokhta

Hi there,
I'm acctually learning c++ and I have done several programs but they
only execute on the dos window...however i wanted to know if we can
actually program something that runs in a normal window like...let's
say msn messenger where the program runs on graphic features...with
the buttons and all that....
thanks for the help

Alf P. Steinbach

* mokhta:
I'm acctually learning c++ and I have done several programs but they
only execute on the dos window...however i wanted to know if we can
actually program something that runs in a normal window like...let's
say msn messenger where the program runs on graphic features...with
the buttons and all that....

Yes, you can, and "msn messenger" is most probably written in C++.

However, it's off-topic in this group since it only involves how to use
system-specific libraries and tools.

Better post in one of the groups listed in the FAQ; see <url:
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9>.

me2online

Hi there,
I'm acctually learning c++ and I have done several programs but they
only execute on the dos window...however i wanted to know if we can
actually program something that runs in a normal window like...let's
say msn messenger where the program runs on graphic features...with
the buttons and all that....
thanks for the help

I wud suggest charles petzold's windows programming book for this.

thnx

dave_mikesell

Hi there,
I'm acctually learning c++ and I have done several programs but they
only execute on the dos window...however i wanted to know if we can
actually program something that runs in a normal window like...let's
say msn messenger where the program runs on graphic features...with
the buttons and all that....

Even better, how about programming something that works on Windows,
Mac, X11, etc:

http://www.wxwidgets.org/