    say msn messenger where the program runs on graphic features...with
    the buttons and all that....
    thanks for the help

    mokhta, Apr 8, 2007

  2. * mokhta:
    > I'm acctually learning c++ and I have done several programs but they
    > only execute on the dos window...however i wanted to know if we can
    > actually program something that runs in a normal window like...let's
    > say msn messenger where the program runs on graphic features...with
    > the buttons and all that....

    Yes, you can, and "msn messenger" is most probably written in C++.

    However, it's off-topic in this group since it only involves how to use
    system-specific libraries and tools.

    Better post in one of the groups listed in the FAQ; see <url:
    http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9>.

    --
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is it such a bad thing?

    Alf P. Steinbach, Apr 8, 2007

  3. mokhta

    me2online Guest

    On Apr 8, 3:25 pm, "mokhta" <> wrote:
    > Hi there,
    > I'm acctually learning c++ and I have done several programs but they
    > only execute on the dos window...however i wanted to know if we can
    > actually program something that runs in a normal window like...let's
    > say msn messenger where the program runs on graphic features...with
    > the buttons and all that....
    > thanks for the help

    I wud suggest charles petzold's windows programming book for this.

    thnx

    me2online, Apr 9, 2007
  4. mokhta

    Guest

    On Apr 8, 3:25 pm, "mokhta" <> wrote:
    > Hi there,
    > I'm acctually learning c++ and I have done several programs but they
    > only execute on the dos window...however i wanted to know if we can
    > actually program something that runs in a normal window like...let's
    > say msn messenger where the program runs on graphic features...with
    > the buttons and all that....

    Even better, how about programming something that works on Windows,
    Mac, X11, etc:

    http://www.wxwidgets.org/

    , Apr 9, 2007