C# interfaces

William F. Robertson, Jr.

This is probably a more C# language question, but how can I tell if an
object implements a certain interface?

bill

Chris J. Breisch

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 10:49:48 -0500, William F. Robertson, Jr.

Since you mentioned C#, I'll give my answer in C#.

if (o is IMyInterface) {
// object o implements IMyInterface
}
else {
// object o doesn't implement IMyInterface
}

-chris

[Gauthier]

Hello,

there is also the 'as' keyword:

IMyInterface i = o as IMyInterface
if(i != null)
{
// i implements IMyInterface
}
else
{
// i does not implements IMyInterface
}

it allow you to bypass the cast that you need to put when using 'is' keyword

Now my question: Is there any fundamental diference between these 2 ways to
do slighty the same thing?

Gauthier