c++ jsp xml combined ???

Saurabh Aggrawal

Hi i am looking at an application developed by the panel of experts and
it is a dll made to show the user interface for the application. With
the dll(which is made in c++) there are two more files accompnying it:
one XML file and one JSP file

· An XML document containing the features, options and constraints,
and
· A Java Script file for controlling the behavior of the controls,
menus, bitmaps and tabs on the UI.

Could any one explain me why someone like to do so.

Respects,
Saurabh Aggrawal

Shezan Baig

Saurabh said:
Hi i am looking at an application developed by the panel of experts and
it is a dll made to show the user interface for the application. With
the dll(which is made in c++) there are two more files accompnying it:
one XML file and one JSP file

· An XML document containing the features, options and constraints,
and
· A Java Script file for controlling the behavior of the controls,
menus, bitmaps and tabs on the UI.

Could any one explain me why someone like to do so.

Respects,
Saurabh Aggrawal

There could be many reasons. For example, you might want to implement
'skins' where you change the look and feel of your application without
having to recompile it. There could be any number of other reasons.

Hope this helps,
-shez-

Saurabh Aggrawal

Thanks shez,

This application is a user interface for a device driver. It frequently
requires that we add one or two features or remove them according to
the specification.
There is a custom application which makes the UI called UIMAKER( which
is developed by another team). using UIMAKER the dialog box is build
and controls are put on it according to the specifications. The
controls are also custom build from MFC basic classes. After creating
the dialog with controls the UIMAKER saves the complete thing in the
xml file format.
All the business logic(ie how the controls will work and what options
will be default) are programmed in the JSP file which is interpreted by
the another custom c++ program to extract the logic and apply on the
dialog box(property sheet).

Why should some one make something so complex when we can make same
thing simply by coding in MFC.

Thanks,
Saurabh Aggrawal