    Could any one explain me why someone like to do so.

    Respects,
    Saurabh Aggrawal

    Saurabh Aggrawal, Feb 14, 2005

  2. Saurabh Aggrawal

    Shezan Baig Guest

    Saurabh Aggrawal wrote:
    > Hi i am looking at an application developed by the panel of experts

    and
    > it is a dll made to show the user interface for the application. With
    > the dll(which is made in c++) there are two more files accompnying

    it:
    > one XML file and one JSP file
    >
    > · An XML document containing the features, options and constraints,
    > and
    > · A Java Script file for controlling the behavior of the controls,
    > menus, bitmaps and tabs on the UI.
    >
    > Could any one explain me why someone like to do so.
    >
    > Respects,
    > Saurabh Aggrawal

    There could be many reasons. For example, you might want to implement
    'skins' where you change the look and feel of your application without
    having to recompile it. There could be any number of other reasons.

    Hope this helps,
    -shez-

    Shezan Baig, Feb 14, 2005

  3. Thanks shez,

    This application is a user interface for a device driver. It frequently
    requires that we add one or two features or remove them according to
    the specification.
    There is a custom application which makes the UI called UIMAKER( which
    is developed by another team). using UIMAKER the dialog box is build
    and controls are put on it according to the specifications. The
    controls are also custom build from MFC basic classes. After creating
    the dialog with controls the UIMAKER saves the complete thing in the
    xml file format.
    All the business logic(ie how the controls will work and what options
    will be default) are programmed in the JSP file which is interpreted by
    the another custom c++ program to extract the logic and apply on the
    dialog box(property sheet).

    Why should some one make something so complex when we can make same
    thing simply by coding in MFC.

    Thanks,
    Saurabh Aggrawal

    Saurabh Aggrawal, Feb 15, 2005