c.l.c charter

Christopher Benson-Manica

Where can I view an official copy of c.l.c's charter? (I need it to
help report the nutjobs who spam here on occasion...)

Nils Petter Vaskinn

Where can I view an official copy of c.l.c's charter? (I need it to
help report the nutjobs who spam here on occasion...)

There is none. clc predates charters.

Mark McIntyre

Thanks, although that's rather unfortunate. abuse@rr (where many of
the spam bozos make their abode) wants quotes from a charter to
demonstrate that the messages are off-topic.

Post a quote from the "Welcome" message instead. You should find it in
the google archives. And point out to abuse@rr that failure to block
spammers on a technicality such as lack of Charter merely makes them
look even more uselessly crap than we already think they are...

Martin Ambuhl

Christopher said:
Where can I view an official copy of c.l.c's charter? (I need it to
help report the nutjobs who spam here on occasion...)

CLC has no charter; it is much older than newsgroup charters.

E. Robert Tisdale

Christopher said:
Where can I view an official copy of c.l.c's charter?
(I need it to help report the nutjobs who spam here on occasion...)

The comp.lang.c newsgroup has no charter
but I believe that almost all subscribers agree that

spam is *not* welcome here.

We deal with spam by ignoring it but I'm pretty sure that
anything that you or anyone else could do to discourage it
would be appreciated.
Just don't spam us with offers to help reduce spam.

Dik T. Winter

> Christopher Benson-Manica wrote:
>

> CLC has no charter; it is much older than newsgroup charters.

Indeed, it is just a renaming of the old newgroups net.lang.c.

Jack Klein

Thanks, although that's rather unfortunate. abuse@rr (where many of
the spam bozos make their abode) wants quotes from a charter to
demonstrate that the messages are off-topic.

rr.com is a lame, spam-supporting ISP at the best of times. Any
excuse to continue cashing checks from spamming customers will do, or
no excuse at all if it is a big spending abuser.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com