c.l.c charter

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Christopher Benson-Manica, Dec 3, 2003.

  1. Where can I view an official copy of c.l.c's charter? (I need it to
    help report the nutjobs who spam here on occasion...)

    Christopher Benson-Manica, Dec 3, 2003

  2. Christopher Benson-Manica <> wrote in

    > Where can I view an official copy of c.l.c's charter? (I need it to
    > help report the nutjobs who spam here on occasion...)

    I believe clc predates charters, see the thread at

    http://tinyurl.com/xiuy

    --
    - Mark ->

    Mark A. Odell, Dec 3, 2003

  3. Mark A. Odell <> spoke thus:

    > I believe clc predates charters, see the thread at

    > http://tinyurl.com/xiuy

    Thanks, although that's rather unfortunate. abuse@rr (where many of
    the spam bozos make their abode) wants quotes from a charter to
    demonstrate that the messages are off-topic.

    Christopher Benson-Manica, Dec 3, 2003
  4. On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 12:44:20 +0000, Christopher Benson-Manica wrote:

    > Where can I view an official copy of c.l.c's charter? (I need it to
    > help report the nutjobs who spam here on occasion...)

    There is none. clc predates charters.

    --
    NPV

    "the large print giveth, and the small print taketh away"
    Tom Waits - Step right up

    Nils Petter Vaskinn, Dec 3, 2003
  5. On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 13:58:39 +0000 (UTC), in comp.lang.c , Christopher
    Benson-Manica <> wrote:

    >Mark A. Odell <> spoke thus:
    >
    >> I believe clc predates charters, see the thread at

    >> http://tinyurl.com/xiuy

    >Thanks, although that's rather unfortunate. abuse@rr (where many of
    >the spam bozos make their abode) wants quotes from a charter to
    >demonstrate that the messages are off-topic.

    Post a quote from the "Welcome" message instead. You should find it in
    the google archives. And point out to abuse@rr that failure to block
    spammers on a technicality such as lack of Charter merely makes them
    look even more uselessly crap than we already think they are...

    --
    Mark McIntyre

    Mark McIntyre, Dec 3, 2003
  6. Christopher Benson-Manica wrote:

    > Where can I view an official copy of c.l.c's charter? (I need it to
    > help report the nutjobs who spam here on occasion...)

    CLC has no charter; it is much older than newsgroup charters.

    --
    Martin Ambuhl

    Martin Ambuhl, Dec 4, 2003
  7. Christopher Benson-Manica wrote:

    > Where can I view an official copy of c.l.c's charter?
    > (I need it to help report the nutjobs who spam here on occasion...)

    The comp.lang.c newsgroup has no charter
    but I believe that almost all subscribers agree that

    spam is *not* welcome here.

    We deal with spam by ignoring it but I'm pretty sure that
    anything that you or anyone else could do to discourage it
    would be appreciated.
    Just don't spam us with offers to help reduce spam.

    E. Robert Tisdale, Dec 4, 2003
  8. In article <QEvzb.2969$> Martin Ambuhl <> writes:
    > Christopher Benson-Manica wrote:
    >
    > > Where can I view an official copy of c.l.c's charter? (I need it to
    > > help report the nutjobs who spam here on occasion...)

    > CLC has no charter; it is much older than newsgroup charters.

    Indeed, it is just a renaming of the old newgroups net.lang.c.

    Dik T. Winter, Dec 4, 2003
  9. In article <> writes:
    > Just don't spam us with offers to help reduce spam.

    I have an offer you cannot resist.

    Dik T. Winter, Dec 4, 2003
  10. Christopher Benson-Manica

    Jack Klein Guest

    On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 13:58:39 +0000 (UTC), Christopher Benson-Manica
    <> wrote in comp.lang.c:

    > Mark A. Odell <> spoke thus:
    >
    > > I believe clc predates charters, see the thread at

    > > http://tinyurl.com/xiuy

    > Thanks, although that's rather unfortunate. abuse@rr (where many of
    > the spam bozos make their abode) wants quotes from a charter to
    > demonstrate that the messages are off-topic.

    rr.com is a lame, spam-supporting ISP at the best of times. Any
    excuse to continue cashing checks from spamming customers will do, or
    no excuse at all if it is a big spending abuser.

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

    Jack Klein, Dec 4, 2003