C Libraries

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Rebels Mascot, Mar 1, 2005.

  1. Does anyone know where i can download C Libraries, need ones like
    socket.h, in.h, + others

    Rebels Mascot, Mar 1, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    Rebels Mascot <> wrote:
    :Does anyone know where i can download C Libraries, need ones like
    :socket.h, in.h, + others

    There are a number of different implimentations available. openbsd,
    freebsd, several major distributions of Linux... and probably many
    others I am missing (OpenVMS ... Plan9...)

    --
    Are we *there* yet??

    Walter Roberson, Mar 1, 2005

  3. Rebels Mascot

    -berlin.de Guest

    Rebels Mascot <> wrote:
    > Does anyone know where i can download C Libraries, need ones like
    > socket.h, in.h, + others

    Header files (.h files) aren't libraries, they are only files that
    specify the interface to a library. So you need both the .h files
    as well as the libraries. Where and how you can get them depends on
    the system you are using, you should better ask in a newsgroup that
    is for discussions about your system.

    Regards, Jens
    --
    \ Jens Thoms Toerring ___ -berlin.de

    -berlin.de, Mar 1, 2005
  4. Rebels Mascot

    Guest

    -berlin.de wrote:
    > Rebels Mascot <> wrote:
    > > Does anyone know where i can download C Libraries, need ones like
    > > socket.h, in.h, + others

    > Header files (.h files) aren't libraries, they are only files that
    > specify the interface to a library. So you need both the .h files
    > as well as the libraries. Where and how you can get them depends on
    > the system you are using, you should better ask in a newsgroup that
    > is for discussions about your system.
    >
    > Regards, Jens
    > --
    > \ Jens Thoms Toerring ___ -berlin.de
    > \__________________________ http://www.toerring.de

    , Mar 1, 2005
  5. Rebels Mascot

    Guest

    Sorry bout last reply, got messed up.

    Using Windows XP SP2 and MetroWerks Codewarrior for Windows 9.2.

    , Mar 1, 2005
  6. Rebels Mascot

    Jesse Meyer Guest

    Rebels Mascot <> wrote:
    > Does anyone know where i can download C Libraries, need ones like
    > socket.h, in.h, + others

    FAQ Question 10.11:

    I seem to be missing the system header file <sgtty.h>. Can someone send
    me a copy?

    Answer:

    Standard headers exist in part so that definitions appropriate to your
    compiler, operating system, and processor can be supplied. You cannot
    just pick up a copy of someone else's header file and expect it to work,
    unless that person is using exactly the same environment. Ask your
    compiler vendor why the file was not provided (or to send a replacement
    copy).

    PS: AFAIK, socket.h is not a standard C libary. You wouldn't happen to
    be trying to use socket.h under Microsoft Windows, would you? I think
    windows uses winsock.h instead of socket.h, but I don't code under
    windows, and neither do many others in comp.lang.c. Try down the road
    a ways in comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32, they will know what to
    do.

    --
    With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is
    not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they

    Jesse Meyer, Mar 2, 2005