c++ libray for http protocol

B.C.

Could someone point me to a free or commercial (reasonably priced) c++ http
library that supports:
- retrieving page content
- posting data to pages
- https
- cookies
- url redirection
- supports the Windows platform

Thank you

PS: If you are wondering what I mean 'reasonably priced', let's say I don't
consider the RogueWave c++ libraries reasonably priced for me.

Rolf Magnus

B.C. said:
Could someone point me to a free or commercial (reasonably priced) c++
http library that supports:
- retrieving page content
- posting data to pages
- https
- cookies
- url redirection
- supports the Windows platform

Thank you

PS: If you are wondering what I mean 'reasonably priced', let's say I
don't consider the RogueWave c++ libraries reasonably priced for me.

How about one of those:

http://www.w3.org/Library/
http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/

Both are C, but can be used from C++. There seems to be a C++ wrapper for
libcurl at http://rrette.com/curlpp.html

Ivan Vecerina

B.C. said:
Could someone point me to a free or commercial (reasonably priced) c++
http
library that supports:
- retrieving page content
- posting data to pages
- https
- cookies
- url redirection
- supports the Windows platform
If you are looking for a client-side library, the free curl library
probably does what you want:
http://curl.haxx.se/

For server code, a popular cross-platform library is the ACE:
http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE.html

hth -Ivan

Howard

B.C. said:
Could someone point me to a free or commercial (reasonably priced) c++
http
library that supports:
- retrieving page content
- posting data to pages
- https
- cookies
- url redirection
- supports the Windows platform

Thank you

PS: If you are wondering what I mean 'reasonably priced', let's say I
don't
consider the RogueWave c++ libraries reasonably priced for me.

Doesn't the Windows SDK support all that directly? Check out the
msdn.microsoft.com site. I expect you use COM technology to do it. For
further questions, though, you need to ask on a microsoft newsgroup, not
here. Since that stuff isn't part of standard C++, it's off-topic here.

-Howard