C++ linked lists -- searching, merge sorting, , etc

Kakarot

I'm gona be very honest here, I suck at programming, *especially* at
C++. It's funny because I actually like the idea of programming ...
normally what I like I'm atleast decent at. But C++ is a different
story.

Linked lists have been giving me a headache. I can barely manage to
create a single/doubly linked list, it's just that when it gets to
merge sorting or searching (by reading shit data from text files), I
lose track.

.. I have searched google and other search engines, looked at a few
books on pointers, but haven't found what I need help on: linked lists
+ classes implementation.

Our course puts a lot of emphasis on using two seperate classes for
the list and it's components so I am specifically looking for
tutorials that take C++ classes into consideration.

Does anyone know of a good book on linked lists and searching/sorting
algorithms or a website or anything else that can help cuz I am very
badly in need of it :) ... why ? because one of my courses next
semester is basically based on linked lists and searching/sorting
algorithms !! lol ... man it scares the hell out of me just thinking
about it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John Harrison

Kakarot said:
I'm gona be very honest here, I suck at programming, *especially* at
C++. It's funny because I actually like the idea of programming ...
normally what I like I'm atleast decent at. But C++ is a different
story.

Linked lists have been giving me a headache. I can barely manage to
create a single/doubly linked list, it's just that when it gets to
merge sorting or searching (by reading shit data from text files), I
lose track.

.. I have searched google and other search engines, looked at a few
books on pointers, but haven't found what I need help on: linked lists
+ classes implementation.

Our course puts a lot of emphasis on using two seperate classes for
the list and it's components so I am specifically looking for
tutorials that take C++ classes into consideration.

Good policy.
Does anyone know of a good book on linked lists and searching/sorting
algorithms or a website or anything else that can help cuz I am very
badly in need of it :) ... why ? because one of my courses next
semester is basically based on linked lists and searching/sorting
algorithms !! lol ... man it scares the hell out of me just thinking
about it.

Algorithms in C++ by Sedgewick is a good algorithms book and will likely
cover all the alogorithms you need, but the C++ isn't so great.

Anyway no need to be scared, you can post your buggy code here, sounds like
just the thing that this group specialses in.