C++ linking problem, mismatched ABI

Discussion in 'C++' started by Brett E., Jul 25, 2003.

  1. Brett E.

    Brett E. Guest

    I am attempting to link a stand alone server C++. We recently moved
    to the 64 bit HP OS environment. Our other C++ Tuxedo services have
    effectively linked and successfully tested out fine under this OS, 3rd
    party library, and Oracle upgrade. However, I encounter this error
    message for this revamped C++/Source pro server I am re-writing. I
    can derive several guesses for what the potential problems are, but I
    would welcome a more accurate assessment of the issue. I could
    obviously use some pointers as to how best resolve this mismatch.

    if [ -f pif ]; then rm -f pif~; mv -f pif pif~; fi
    aCC -o pif -O pif.o -L/home/app/RogueWave_Home/lib
    -ltls8sKingfield -lstd8sKingfield -lCsup_v2 -lstd_v2
    /usr/ccs/bin/ld: pif.o: Mismatched ABI. 64-bit PA object file found in
    32-bit link.
    *** Error exit code 1

    Thanks in advance for the feedback,

    -Brett E.