C++ linking problem, mismatched ABI

Brett E.

I am attempting to link a stand alone server C++. We recently moved
to the 64 bit HP OS environment. Our other C++ Tuxedo services have
effectively linked and successfully tested out fine under this OS, 3rd
party library, and Oracle upgrade. However, I encounter this error
message for this revamped C++/Source pro server I am re-writing. I
can derive several guesses for what the potential problems are, but I
would welcome a more accurate assessment of the issue. I could
obviously use some pointers as to how best resolve this mismatch.

if [ -f pif ]; then rm -f pif~; mv -f pif pif~; fi
aCC -o pif -O pif.o -L/home/app/RogueWave_Home/lib
-ltls8sKingfield -lstd8sKingfield -lCsup_v2 -lstd_v2
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: pif.o: Mismatched ABI. 64-bit PA object file found in
32-bit link.
*** Error exit code 1

Thanks in advance for the feedback,

-Brett E.