    freeware.

    Thanks
    jack
    __jakal__, Apr 28, 2004

  2. __jakal__ <> spoke thus:

    > Is there any good memory leak detection software for C++ available as a
    > freeware...

    > Cud anyone suggest some good memory leak detection software preferable
    > freeware.

    (valgrind, I've heard, is quite nice.)

    Your post is off-topic for comp.lang.c++. Please visit

    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
    http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/

    Christopher Benson-Manica, Apr 28, 2004

  3. __jakal__

    Matt Guest

    Christopher Benson-Manica wrote:
    > __jakal__ <> spoke thus:
    >

    >> Is there any good memory leak detection software for C++ available as a
    >>freeware...

    >>Cud anyone suggest some good memory leak detection software preferable
    >>freeware.

    > (valgrind, I've heard, is quite nice.)
    >
    > Your post is off-topic for comp.lang.c++. Please visit
    >
    > http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
    > http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/
    >
    > for posting guidelines and frequently asked questions. Thank you.

    I looked at those pages, but I don't see that the post is off-topic.
    Please explain how the post is off-topic.
    Matt, Apr 28, 2004
  4. __jakal__

    Karthik Guest

    __jakal__ wrote:

    > Hello,
    > Is there any good memory leak detection software for C++ available as a
    > freeware...
    > I had used purify but had to discontinue due to huge license fees...
    > Also tried Sun workshop memory monitor........its a kind of buggy as it
    > doesnt detect most of the
    > memory leaks.
    >
    > Cud anyone suggest some good memory leak detection software preferable
    > freeware.
    >
    > Thanks
    > jack

    Check out mtrace utility available on GNU/Linux .

    http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/Allocation-Debugging.html#Allocation Debugging.

    --
    Karthik
    Humans please 'removeme_' for my real email.
    Karthik, Apr 28, 2004
  5. Matt <> spoke thus:

    > I looked at those pages, but I don't see that the post is off-topic.
    > Please explain how the post is off-topic.

    comp.lang.c++ is about the standard C++ language. Third-party
    applications (such as those for finding memory leaks) aren't part of
    the language, and thus aren't discussed.

    Christopher Benson-Manica, Apr 28, 2004
  6. __jakal__ wrote:
    > Hello,
    > Is there any good memory leak detection software for C++ available as a
    > freeware...
    > I had used purify but had to discontinue due to huge license fees...
    > Also tried Sun workshop memory monitor........its a kind of buggy as it
    > doesnt detect most of the
    > memory leaks.
    >
    > Cud anyone suggest some good memory leak detection software preferable
    > freeware.

    <OT>Valgrind is very good.</OT>
    --
    Daniel Sjöblom
    Remove _NOSPAM to reply by mail
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Daniel_Sj=F6blom?=, Apr 28, 2004
  7. __jakal__

    Matt Guest

    Christopher Benson-Manica wrote:
    > Matt <> spoke thus:
    >

    >>I looked at those pages, but I don't see that the post is off-topic.
    >>Please explain how the post is off-topic.

    > comp.lang.c++ is about the standard C++ language. Third-party
    > applications (such as those for finding memory leaks) aren't part of
    > the language, and thus aren't discussed.

    Can you provide a link to the group's charter?
    Matt, Apr 28, 2004
  8. __jakal__

    Buster Guest

    Matt wrote:
    > Christopher Benson-Manica wrote:
    >
    >> Matt <> spoke thus:
    >>
    >>> I looked at those pages, but I don't see that the post is off-topic.
    >>> Please explain how the post is off-topic.

    >> comp.lang.c++ is about the standard C++ language. Third-party
    >> applications (such as those for finding memory leaks) aren't part of
    >> the language, and thus aren't discussed.

    > Can you provide a link to the group's charter?

    IIRC, there's no charter. Just the welcome message and FAQ.

    --
    Regards,
    Buster.
    Buster, Apr 28, 2004
  9. __jakal__

    __jakal__ Guest

    cud u suggest something for solaris 8

    __jakal__, Apr 29, 2004
  10. __jakal__

    StarDrago

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    :congrats:
    8 years old have passed already but memory leaks are a headache for today
    I use Deleaker instead of Valgrind now...
    StarDrago, May 24, 2012