    Thanks

    Matt
    , Feb 12, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > I'm working on a web-based application in Ruby, which has a nice MVC
    > architecture.
    > Is there a similar architecture in C or C++ that I can try?

    We can't really vouch for C, but there are several known frameworks
    written to be used from C++ that you could try. Google for MFC, Qt.
    I don't know how much there exists for template processing, though.

    If CGI is what you want, try 'comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi'.

    Victor Bazarov, Feb 12, 2007

  3. On 11 Feb 2007 20:59:35 -0800, "matt@...net" wrote:
    >I'm working on a web-based application in Ruby, which has a nice MVC
    >architecture.
    >Is there a similar architecture in C or C++ that I can try?

    The simple rule is: You can do everything in C or C++ but C and C++ do
    nothing for you.

    >I've found cgicc and mysql++ for a controller and model that I could
    >use but I'm stuck on finding anything for my views/templates.
    >
    >I could just write a template parser myself, but if there is a tested/
    >optimized one already out there... well, it's a no brainer.

    'template' has a different meaning in C++ than in Web-programming. You
    probably mean something like:

    http://content.noscience.net/projects/libtpt/
    http://www.total-knowledge.com/progs/cppserv/
    http://teng.sourceforge.net/

    Best wishes,
    Roland Pibinger
    Roland Pibinger, Feb 12, 2007

    On Feb 12, 8:21 am, (Roland Pibinger) wrote:
    > On 11 Feb 2007 20:59:35 -0800, "matt@...net" wrote:
    >
    > >I'm working on a web-based application in Ruby, which has a nice MVC
    > >architecture.
    > >Is there a similar architecture in C or C++ that I can try?

    > The simple rule is: You can do everything in C or C++ but C and C++ do
    > nothing for you.
    >
    > >I've found cgicc and mysql++ for a controller and model that I could
    > >use but I'm stuck on finding anything for my views/templates.

    > >I could just write a template parser myself, but if there is a tested/
    > >optimized one already out there... well, it's a no brainer.

    > 'template' has a different meaning in C++ than in Web-programming. You
    > probably mean something like:
    >
    > http://content.noscience.net/projec...om/progs/cppserv/http://teng.sourceforge.net/
    >
    > Best wishes,
    > Roland Pibinger

    I suppose I could have clarified. I've been programming
    professionally with C++ for years, so yes, I know the difference
    between the 2 different types of templates. I had visited the 1st 2
    links that you provided, and found that the they were close, but not
    quite. I'm still looking at the teng project to see if it meets my
    needs.

    But in the end, I suppose that to answer my own question, there aren't
    any web-based MVC architectures in C++ (in the public domain), and
    I'll need to invent that wheel.

    Thanks so much for your time,

    Matt
    , Feb 12, 2007
  5. On 12 Feb 2007 10:01:37 -0800, "matt@...net" wrote:
    >But in the end, I suppose that to answer my own question, there aren't
    >any web-based MVC architectures in C++ (in the public domain), and
    >I'll need to invent that wheel.

    Here is another one:
    http://www.tntnet.org/
    Roland Pibinger, Feb 12, 2007

    On Feb 12, 12:04 pm, (Roland Pibinger) wrote:
    > On 12 Feb 2007 10:01:37 -0800, "matt@...net" wrote:
    >
    > >But in the end, I suppose that to answer my own question, there aren't
    > >any web-based MVC architectures in C++ (in the public domain), and
    > >I'll need to invent that wheel.

    > Here is another one:http://www.tntnet.org/

    That's the one!! the ecppc compiler is just want i was looking for.

    Thanks a million

    Matt
    , Feb 13, 2007