C++ MVC? (CGI)

matt

Hello,

I'm working on a web-based application in Ruby, which has a nice MVC
architecture.
Is there a similar architecture in C or C++ that I can try?

I've found cgicc and mysql++ for a controller and model that I could
use but I'm stuck on finding anything for my views/templates.

I could just write a template parser myself, but if there is a tested/
optimized one already out there... well, it's a no brainer.

If I'm OT, please guide me to the right forum

Thanks

Matt

Victor Bazarov

I'm working on a web-based application in Ruby, which has a nice MVC
architecture.
Is there a similar architecture in C or C++ that I can try?

We can't really vouch for C, but there are several known frameworks
written to be used from C++ that you could try. Google for MFC, Qt.
I don't know how much there exists for template processing, though.
I've found cgicc and mysql++ for a controller and model that I could
use but I'm stuck on finding anything for my views/templates.

I could just write a template parser myself, but if there is a tested/
optimized one already out there... well, it's a no brainer.

If I'm OT, please guide me to the right forum

If CGI is what you want, try 'comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi'.

Roland Pibinger

I'm working on a web-based application in Ruby, which has a nice MVC
architecture.
Is there a similar architecture in C or C++ that I can try?

The simple rule is: You can do everything in C or C++ but C and C++ do
nothing for you.
I've found cgicc and mysql++ for a controller and model that I could
use but I'm stuck on finding anything for my views/templates.

I could just write a template parser myself, but if there is a tested/
optimized one already out there... well, it's a no brainer.

'template' has a different meaning in C++ than in Web-programming. You
probably mean something like:

http://content.noscience.net/projects/libtpt/
http://www.total-knowledge.com/progs/cppserv/
http://teng.sourceforge.net/

Best wishes,
Roland Pibinger

matt

The simple rule is: You can do everything in C or C++ but C and C++ do
nothing for you.

'template' has a different meaning in C++ than in Web-programming. You
probably mean something like:

http://content.noscience.net/projec...om/progs/cppserv/http://teng.sourceforge.net/

Best wishes,
Roland Pibinger

I suppose I could have clarified. I've been programming
professionally with C++ for years, so yes, I know the difference
between the 2 different types of templates. I had visited the 1st 2
links that you provided, and found that the they were close, but not
quite. I'm still looking at the teng project to see if it meets my
needs.

But in the end, I suppose that to answer my own question, there aren't
any web-based MVC architectures in C++ (in the public domain), and
I'll need to invent that wheel.

Thanks so much for your time,

Matt