C++ : need quick tips for easy histogram

Joined
Sep 6, 2007
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
i'm stuck ...

i am trying to do easy histogram with x-axis info(like number options) and y-axis info(like # of occurrence) all within a figure by C++. however, i've no ideas to proceed at all.

i am thinking about the following data: x-axis values are 1,2, and 3. y-axis values are 3, 7, and 4 for each x value respectively.

i hope to hear you guys. great thx.

Last edited:
Joined
Sep 6, 2007
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
alas...

trapeze said:
i'm stuck ...

i am trying to do easy histogram with x-axis info(like number options) and y-axis info(like # of occurrence) all within a figure by C++. however, i've no ideas to proceed at all.

i am thinking about the following data: x-axis values are 1,2, and 3. y-axis values are 3, 7, and 4 for each x value respectively.

i hope to hear you guys. great thx.

if the above is too easy, please help me out w/ the folowing:

#include<iostream>
using namespace std;

int main()
{

int i;
int j;
int k;
int occurrence[10]={0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0};
int data[10]={6,14,82,42,46,32,97,44,27,68};
for (j=0; j<10; j++)
{
for (i=0; i<10; i++)
{
if ((data[j] >= 10*i) && (data[j] < 10*i+9))
occurrence++;

cout << "occurrence # is ";
for (k=0; k<10; k++)
cout << occurrence[k]<<" ";

i don't know how to plot. i can't find the funtions. x-axis is 0-9,10-19,..,90-99. y-axis is the result above.

also, how can i generate zero array at once for occurrence w/o typing them out ?

great thx !

Last edited: