c# .net webservice from perl client

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by dustyg99@gmail.com, Oct 6, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I've successfully been able to consume a .NET webservice using Perl and
    SOAP::Lite. I use stubmaker.pl on the .net WSDL to generate my service
    classes and methods. However, I have to manually edit all the methods
    to set the method paramter name and types since this is required by the
    ..net service. Is there a way to make stubmaker specify this in the
    paramter description for you since it is located in the WSDL?

    Example
    Code generated by stubmaker:

    package HelloWorld;

    # -- generated by SOAP::Lite (v0.60) for Perl -- soaplite.com --
    Copyright (C) 2000-2001 Paul Kulchenko --
    # -- generated from http://localhost/helloservice/hellosrvc.asmx?WSDL
    [Thu Oct 6 17:50:48 2005]

    my %methods = (
    Hello => {
    endpoint => 'http://localhost/helloservice/hellosrvc.asmx',
    soapaction => 'http://localhost/helloservice/Hello',
    uri => '',
    parameters => [
    SOAP::Data->new(name => 'parameters', type => '', attr => {}),
    ],
    },
    );

    use SOAP::Lite;
    use Exporter;
    use Carp ();

    And the modified code for it to work properly:
    package HelloWorld;

    # -- generated by SOAP::Lite (v0.60) for Perl -- soaplite.com --
    Copyright (C) 2000-2001 Paul Kulchenko --
    # -- generated from http://localhost/helloservice/hellosrvc.asmx?WSDL
    [Thu Oct 6 17:50:48 2005]

    my %methods = (
    Hello => {
    endpoint => 'http://localhost/helloservice/hellosrvc.asmx',
    soapaction => 'http://localhost/helloservice/Hello',
    uri => '',
    parameters => [
    SOAP::Data->new(name => 'ParamterName', type => 'string', attr =>
    {'urn:http://mynamespace/'}),
    ],
    },
    );

    use SOAP::Lite;
    use Exporter;
    use Carp ();

    The important modification being:
    SOAP::Data->new(name => 'ParamterName', type => 'string', attr =>
    {'urn:http://mynamespace/'}),

    I havn't been able to find any easy solution to this and I'm not that
    famliar with perl or webservice to be able to modify the stubmaker
    myself.

    Thank you
    , Oct 6, 2005