C++ Primer, 4th Edition

hajime

I purchased this book: C++ Primer, 4th Edition ISBN: 0201721481 in
Australia.

The right side of the last three lines on page 231 are not legible. A
stain shows a piece of paper was on that part when printed. I checked
two more local book stores around here, and found all books have the
same defect.

I would like to see what should be printed on the page 231. Does
anybody have a complete copy tell me the last three lines ?

The last three lines on page 231 in my book are:

This behavior folows from the normal initialization rules for const
objects???????????
tion 2.4, p.56). Because the initialization copies the value of the
initialize?????????????
initialize a nonconst object from a const object, or vice versa.

Thanks in advance,

John Ratliff

hajime said:
I purchased this book: C++ Primer, 4th Edition ISBN: 0201721481 in
Australia.

The right side of the last three lines on page 231 are not legible. A
stain shows a piece of paper was on that part when printed. I checked
two more local book stores around here, and found all books have the
same defect.

I would like to see what should be printed on the page 231. Does
anybody have a complete copy tell me the last three lines ?

The last three lines on page 231 in my book are:

This behavior folows from the normal initialization rules for const
objects???????????
tion 2.4, p.56). Because the initialization copies the value of the
initialize?????????????
initialize a nonconst object from a const object, or vice versa.

Thanks in advance,

You should write the publisher. They would be the ones with a complete
copy, and they will probably send you a replacement book.

--John Ratliff

cragwolf

hajime said:
I would like to see what should be printed on the page 231. Does
anybody have a complete copy tell me the last three lines ?

Hey, I have that problem, too! Looks like a bit of sticky tape got in
the way during printing. The section is on nonreference parameters; in
particular, const parameters. Great book, though.

cragwolf

ikinal

This behavior folows from the normal initialization rules for const
objects (Sec
tion 2.4, p.56). Because the initialization copies the value of the
initializer, we can
initialize a nonconst object from a const object, or vice versa.

hope that helps.
Ihor

hajime

Sure, I did. Hoping to get another copy. I don't want to return the
current copy because I already made many notes and mark-ups. If they
send me another one, I'll give it to my friend.

Hajime