    any guys read C++ primer 4th edition?

    I think that there is a small mistake on the page 163.

    Where can I find the errata?

    asdf, Sep 11, 2006

  2. asdf

    Guest

    asdf wrote:
    > any guys read C++ primer 4th edition?
    >
    > I think that there is a small mistake on the page 163.
    >
    > Where can I find the errata?

    I am studying intensely from this book. I did not spot any mistake on
    page 163, although I think I did spot mistakes on other pages (I forget
    the details.)

    Please tell me the mistake you spotted.

    [You probably already know this but single statements following a loop
    construct like "while" or "for" do not need to be in curly braces.]

    Paul Epstein

    , Sep 11, 2006

  3. asdf

    Guest

    asdf wrote:
    > any guys read C++ primer 4th edition?
    >
    > I think that there is a small mistake on the page 163.
    >
    > Where can I find the errata?

    Don't know about an errata list but there seems to be a significant
    error on page 407, section 11.3 Revisiting Iterators. I tested the
    code in 11.3.1 and it yields different results to those claimed in the
    text. When I read the text, I thought "That doesn't make sense --
    those can't be the results." Sure enough, when I compiled the code,
    the results were different from what the text said, but in line with my
    expectations.

    Paul Epstein

    , Sep 16, 2006