    files by using the data in memory thru C programming.

    thanks
    Amit

    AmitK, Jul 13, 2005

  2. >is it possible to create a myi, myd file for mysql using a C program. I
    >am using Stata that is written in C API, and I want to write the data
    >out to MYSQL database. Using ODBC and loading the data in MYSQL from
    >STATA takes forever. Can anyone please tell me if I can create the myd
    >files by using the data in memory thru C programming.

    Download the source code to MySQL. It's largely C with some C++.
    The mysqld daemon creates those files. I believe there is the
    ability to have an "embedded server" linked with your program so
    the data is passed in memory. Or you could just use the C API
    to MySQL and dump ODBC.

    Gordon L. Burditt

    Gordon Burditt, Jul 13, 2005