    also Like to get some money not more just a little .If u can help in
    getting me my pocket money or can help me in gaining my knowledge in C
    by sharing views with me kindly concider me.

    Harsimran, Aug 5, 2004

  2. On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Harsimran wrote:

    > I am a young C programer and want to increase my knowledge in C and
    > also Like to get some money not more just a little .If u can help in
    > getting me my pocket money or can help me in gaining my knowledge in C
    > by sharing views with me kindly concider me.

    Read everything at http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html. If you can
    understand this you know more than most C programmers. Next, get a copy of
    the C standard, read and understand it.

    Don't send e-mail to

    Darrell Grainger, Aug 5, 2004

  3. Harsimran

    Malcolm Guest

    "Harsimran" <> wrote

    > I am a young C programer and want to increase my knowledge in C and
    > also Like to get some money not more just a little .If u can help in
    > getting me my pocket money or can help me in gaining my knowledge in C
    > by sharing views with me kindly concider me.

    Unfortunately it's not easy to convert a decent knowledge of C to pocket
    money, particularly if you're a minor. Most companies wouldn't employ child
    programmers, though of course ultimately programming could be part of a
    well-paid job.
    It used to be possible to write programs in the bedroom and sell them, but
    now this is much more difficult, as tastes have become much more
    sophisticated.

    Malcolm, Aug 5, 2004
  4. Harsimran

    Harsimran Guest

    (Darrell Grainger) wrote in message news:<>...
    > On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Harsimran wrote:
    >
    > > I am a young C programer and want to increase my knowledge in C and
    > > also Like to get some money not more just a little .If u can help in
    > > getting me my pocket money or can help me in gaining my knowledge in C
    > > by sharing views with me kindly concider me.

    > Read everything at http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html. If you can
    > understand this you know more than most C programmers. Next, get a copy of
    > the C standard, read and understand it.

    Well sir thanks for ur kind guidance and help I had gone
    through C FAQ's and now I dont know how to get my hand over C
    standards getting them by ANSI or ISO is very costly and I am in
    India here I am not able to figure out how to get my hands on it frm
    here only.Plz guide me again.

    Harsimran, Aug 13, 2004
  5. Harsimran

    Rohan Seth Guest

    Harsimran wrote:

    > (Darrell Grainger) wrote in message news:<>...
    >
    >>On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Harsimran wrote:
    >>

    >>>I am a young C programer and want to increase my knowledge in C and
    >>>also Like to get some money not more just a little .If u can help in
    >>>getting me my pocket money or can help me in gaining my knowledge in C
    >>>by sharing views with me kindly concider me.

    >>Read everything at http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html. If you can
    >>understand this you know more than most C programmers. Next, get a copy of
    >>the C standard, read and understand it.

    > Well sir thanks for ur kind guidance and help I had gone
    > through C FAQ's and now I dont know how to get my hand over C
    > standards getting them by ANSI or ISO is very costly and I am in
    > India here I am not able to figure out how to get my hands on it frm
    > here only.Plz guide me again.

    Mate !! Become a member of a public library so U can borrow books ....
    use google as a search tool to enhance ur knowledge .... download a free
    compiler and practice. Start off with small simple programs and keep
    modifying to challenge urself....
    At your age (depends how young u are) if U want to succeed as a good
    programmer learn to have passion and commitment .... "MONEY" will come
    to U at the right time .....

    Rohan Seth, Aug 13, 2004
  6. Harsimran

    CBFalconer Guest

    Harsimran wrote:
    > (Darrell Grainger) wrote:
    >> On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Harsimran wrote:
    >>
    >>> I am a young C programer and want to increase my knowledge in
    >>> C and also Like to get some money not more just a little .If u
    >>> can help in getting me my pocket money or can help me in
    >>> gaining my knowledge in C by sharing views with me kindly
    >>> concider me.

    >> Read everything at http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html. If
    >> you can understand this you know more than most C programmers.
    >> Next, get a copy of the C standard, read and understand it.

    > Well sir thanks for ur kind guidance and help I had gone through
    > C FAQ's and now I dont know how to get my hand over C standards
    > getting them by ANSI or ISO is very costly and I am in India
    > here I am not able to figure out how to get my hands on it frm
    > here only.Plz guide me again.

    Google for N869 and get the last draft of the C99 standard. I
    recommend the text version, because it is easy to search. It is
    free.

    Don't use abbreviations such as 'ur'. Do separate sentences with
    blanks. It makes things much easier to read.

    --
    Chuck F () ()

    CBFalconer, Aug 13, 2004
  7. On 13 Aug 2004 05:06:16 -0700, in comp.lang.c ,
    (Harsimran) wrote:

    >I dont know how to get my hand over C
    >standards getting them by ANSI or ISO is very costly

    ??? The ISO C standard costs $18 as a pdf download from ANSI or NCITS.
    Hopefully that is not too expensive for you.

    --
    Mark McIntyre

    Mark McIntyre, Aug 14, 2004
  8. Harsimran

    Harsimran Guest

    Thanks to all of you and sorry of using those short cut methods of
    writing.
    Is there any way by which I can take part in any on going project so
    that my understanding increases .I have enough bookesh knowledge and
    want to take part in some project.

    Harsimran, Aug 14, 2004
  10. Harsimran

    Default User Guest

    Harsimran wrote:

    > Thanks to all of you and sorry of using those short cut methods of
    > writing.
    > Is there any way by which I can take part in any on going project so
    > that my understanding increases .I have enough bookesh knowledge and
    > want to take part in some project.

    My advice is always to come up with a medium-sized project of your own,
    then work it from beginning to end. That way you get exposure to all
    facets of design and implementation. A project that can be done 100% ISO
    standard is best. We can help when you get stuck.

    As far as what to choose, pick something that interests you. A little
    database for your music collection, a trivia game, a fantasy sports
    stats collector and scoring system, whatever. Doesn't matter if you'd be
    reinventing something already done, you're learning.

    My learning project was a text-adventure game.

    Brian Rodenborn

    Default User, Aug 14, 2004
  11. Harsimran

    Harsimran Guest

    Sir ,
    I had picked up a project and having some difficulty .
    I am working on a project of designing a chip tester ,this thing
    will test just the basic digital chips like (7400 , 7408 ,
    etc)hardware part is over in software part I have to send some
    singnals to the outside circuit and after lots of thinking I figured
    out that I can use printer port for this .But problem is that I was
    not able to figure out how to get it done in programe. How to
    interface the printer port .Is there any book that teaches interfacing
    in C .If possible please contect me at ------

    Harsimran, Aug 19, 2004
  12. Harsimran

    Dan Pop Guest

    In <> (Harsimran) writes:

    > I had picked up a project and having some difficulty .
    > I am working on a project of designing a chip tester ,this thing
    >will test just the basic digital chips like (7400 , 7408 ,
    >etc)hardware part is over in software part I have to send some
    >singnals to the outside circuit and after lots of thinking I figured
    >out that I can use printer port for this .But problem is that I was
    >not able to figure out how to get it done in programe. How to
    >interface the printer port .Is there any book that teaches interfacing
    >in C .

    MS-DOS and an MS-DOC C compiler are ideal for this kind of application.
    Check the C compiler documentation to find out the name of the library
    functions that give access to the I/O ports (they are non-standard
    extensions of the C library).

    And a bit of googling should provide all the information about the I/O
    ports associated to a PC parallel interface.

    For further discussion, use comp.os.msdos.programmer, as your question
    has absolutely nothing to do with the C programming language.

    Dan
    --
    Dan Pop
    DESY Zeuthen, RZ group