    drop-down menus and allow my programs to interact with the mouse?

    Regards,
    Icon
    cat_dog_ass, Mar 2, 2005

  2. cat_dog_ass

    Lionel B Guest

    Re: [OT] C++ programming migration from DOS to Windows

    "cat_dog_ass" <> wrote in message
    > I am used to programming in DOS mode via Borland C++. I would now like
    > to create programs for the Windows envirinment.

    Note that this newsgroup is for C++ *language* (rather than environment)
    issues - you would be better off asking in a different forum.

    > Is it absoultely
    > necessary to use Visual C++ to do this?

    No.

    > Are there other tools that can
    > help me in doing Windows programming via C++?

    Any C++ compiler for Windows. There are many:

    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q="C++" windows compilers&meta=

    > How am I going to create
    > drop-down menus and allow my programs to interact with the mouse?

    You use the Windows API to access OS features programatically

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...us/winprog/winprog/windows_api_start_page.asp

    Hint: Google is your friend.

    Lionel B, Mar 2, 2005