    Dave
    --
    comp.lang.c.moderated - moderation address:
    Davo, Aug 21, 2003

  2. Davo wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am looking for active newsgroups, productive user friendly tutorials, good
    > weblinks, and local private tutors especially (Melbourne Australia) in the
    > programming
    > language C (not C++ at this stage). Any information or advice with anything
    > to do with the
    > language will be much appreciated.

    This is off toping in c.l.c++ . Two floors down and 3 doors to the
    right you'll find the C department.

    Some pointers though.

    a) Learning C++ first is probably a better thing to do.
    b) No one in Melbourne knows how to program. ... anything ... :)
    Gianni Mariani, Aug 21, 2003

  3. Davo wrote:
    > I am looking for active newsgroups, productive user friendly tutorials,
    > good weblinks, and local private tutors especially (Melbourne Australia)
    > in the programming language C (not C++ at this stage).

    Mind you, C and C++ are separate languages! You don't have to learn C
    before learning C++, several C-ideoms are even considered harmful in C++.

    Yes, it is true that you can write programs using a subset of both C and
    C++ that is valid and functional but this is mostly of academic interest.
    The only well-guarded compatibility is that C++-programs can directly use
    and link C-libraries.

    > Any information or advice with anything
    > to do with the language will be much appreciated.

    ACCU - Association of C and C++ Users
    http://www.accu.org has lots of book-reviews.

    cheers

    Uli

    --
    Questions ?
    see C++-FAQ Lite: http://parashift.com/c -faq-lite/ first !
    Ulrich Eckhardt, Aug 23, 2003
  4. In comp.lang.c.moderated Davo <> wrote:
    # Hello,
    #
    # I am looking for [...] good weblinks,

    Start with http://www.lysator.liu.se/c/ Anything more than 3 clicks away
    from there you do not need to know about :)

    Regards,

    Jens
    --
    Jens Schweikhardt http://www.schweikhardt.net/
    comp.lang.c.moderated - moderation address:
    Jens Schweikhardt, Aug 23, 2003
  5. The alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ group might be of help to you. There are also
    several C tutorials on-line (Google: http://www.google.com/search?q=C tutorial)

    As for teachers in Australia - no idea :|

    HTH

    rlc

    --
    comp.lang.c.moderated - moderation address:
    Ronald Landheer-Cieslak, Aug 23, 2003