    I am looking for a good random number generator (such as Uniform, Normal
    distributions). It is better if RNG is written in C++.
    Thanks.
    Pat, Aug 28, 2004

  2. Pat

    Kai-Uwe Bux Guest

    Pat wrote:

    > I am looking for a good random number generator (such as Uniform, Normal
    > distributions). It is better if RNG is written in C++.
    > Thanks.

    Try

    http://www.boost.org/libs/random/index.html

    Best

    Kai-Uwe Bux
    Kai-Uwe Bux, Aug 28, 2004

  3. Pat

    AngleWyrm Guest

    AngleWyrm, Aug 28, 2004
  4. Pat

    Cy Edmunds Guest

    "Pat" <> wrote in message news:-cable.com...
    > I am looking for a good random number generator (such as Uniform, Normal
    > distributions). It is better if RNG is written in C++.
    > Thanks.

    Follow my sig to the UVS library.

    --
    Cy
    http://home.rochester.rr.com/cyhome/
    Cy Edmunds, Aug 29, 2004
  5. Pat

    Pat Guest

    Thank you.

    "Pat" <> ¦b¶l¥ó news:-cable.com ¤¤¼¶¼g...

    Pat, Aug 29, 2004
  6. Pat

    Yakov Guest

    Hi,

    > > I am looking for a good random number generator (such as Uniform, Normal
    > > distributions). It is better if RNG is written in C++.

    I assume you something close to "real" random.
    In this case, u should look for the crypto services at your OS's sdk.
    And the best is, if u r using an Intel chipset, use its hardware rng -
    http://www.google.com/search?q=intel rng

    Yakov
    Yakov, Aug 30, 2004