    that lists the statndard .h files and so on.

    I would prefer to download it in .HTML or .pdf format.

    thanks.

    ElesSar, Jan 18, 2004

  2. ElesSar

    CBFalconer Guest

    ElesSar wrote:

    > I'm looking for a good C reference guide. Something
    > that lists the statndard .h files and so on.
    >
    > I would prefer to download it in .HTML or .pdf format.

    Google for N869, if you don't want to spend the $18 for the actual
    standard. N869 has two main advantages - it is free, and is
    available in text format (besides PDF). The text format allows it
    to be searched with standard tools, such as grep.

    --
    Chuck F () ()

    CBFalconer, Jan 18, 2004

  3. ElesSar

    osmium Guest

    ElesSar writes:

    > I'm looking for a good C reference guide. Something
    > that lists the statndard .h files and so on.
    >
    > I would prefer to download it in .HTML or .pdf format.

    Maybe this will help:

    http://www.acm.uiuc.edu/webmonkeys/book/c_guide/

    osmium, Jan 18, 2004
  4. in comp.lang.c i read:

    >I'm looking for a good C reference guide. Something
    >that lists the statndard .h files and so on.
    >
    >I would prefer to download it in .HTML or .pdf format.

    the c standard might be useful to you. it's available in pdf format for
    usd 18 from webstore.ansi.org <http://webstore.ansi.org/ansidocstore/product.asp?sku=INCITS%2FISO%2FIEC+9899%2D1999>.
    be sure to get the corrigendum too (it's free) <http://ftp2.ansi.org/download/free_download.asp?document=ISO%2FIEC+9899%2FCor1%3A2001>.

    --
    a signature

    those who know me have no need of my name, Jan 18, 2004
  5. ElesSar

    ElesSar Guest

    Thanks this helped. Did a search and came up with this:

    http://www.pwilson.net/standards.html

    They are in html, txt, gzipped pdf/ps formats!
    So you can pick and choose :)

    thanks again everyone.

    ElesSar, Jan 18, 2004
  6. in comp.lang.c i read:

    >Thanks this helped. Did a search and came up with this:
    >
    >http://www.pwilson.net/standards.html
    >
    >They are in html, txt, gzipped pdf/ps formats!
    >So you can pick and choose :)

    those are not the standards, they are merely old drafts of the standard,
    which differ from what was actually published. so be wary of them.

    --
    a signature

    those who know me have no need of my name, Jan 19, 2004
  7. Xose Vazquez Perez, Jan 20, 2004