C reference guide

ElesSar

I'm looking for a good C reference guide. Something
that lists the statndard .h files and so on.

I would prefer to download it in .HTML or .pdf format.

thanks.

CBFalconer

ElesSar said:
I'm looking for a good C reference guide. Something
that lists the statndard .h files and so on.

I would prefer to download it in .HTML or .pdf format.

Google for N869, if you don't want to spend the $18 for the actual
standard. N869 has two main advantages - it is free, and is
available in text format (besides PDF). The text format allows it
to be searched with standard tools, such as grep.

in comp.lang.c i read:
I'm looking for a good C reference guide. Something
that lists the statndard .h files and so on.

I would prefer to download it in .HTML or .pdf format.

the c standard might be useful to you. it's available in pdf format for
usd 18 from webstore.ansi.org <http://webstore.ansi.org/ansidocstore/product.asp?sku=INCITS/ISO/IEC+9899-1999>.
be sure to get the corrigendum too (it's free) <http://ftp2.ansi.org/download/free_download.asp?document=ISO/IEC+9899/Cor1:2001>.

in comp.lang.c i read:
Thanks this helped. Did a search and came up with this:

http://www.pwilson.net/standards.html

They are in html, txt, gzipped pdf/ps formats!
So you can pick and choose :)

those are not the standards, they are merely old drafts of the standard,
which differ from what was actually published. so be wary of them.