  1. asit

    asit Guest

    I use ubuntu as a development environment for C++. I mostly use EditPlus and vi editor for coding which access the file system by FTP. Is there any smart editor will do this ??
    asit, Aug 6, 2011

  2. asit

    Jorgen Grahn Guest

    On Sat, 2011-08-06, asit wrote:

    > I use ubuntu as a development environment for C++. I mostly use
    > EditPlus and vi editor for coding which access the file system by FTP.
    > Is there any smart editor will do this ??

    The ones you are using, obviously. (And vim and Emacs). If those
    aren't "smart" editors for C++, you'd better define "smart".

    /Jorgen

    PS. Best solution by far: stop using FTP.

    --
    // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@ Oo o. . .
    \X/ snipabacken.se> O o .
    Jorgen Grahn, Aug 6, 2011

  3. asit

    Ian Collins Guest

    On 08/ 7/11 06:37 AM, asit wrote:
    > I use ubuntu as a development environment for C++. I mostly use EditPlus and vi editor for coding which access the file system by FTP. Is there any smart editor will do this ??

    Why would you use FTP?

    Most IDEs and some editors support a wide variety of source control
    systems, use one of those to pull/push code.

    What do you mean by "smart"?

    --
    Ian Collins
    Ian Collins, Aug 6, 2011
  4. asit

    Todd Carnes Guest

    On Sat, 06 Aug 2011 11:37:56 -0700, asit wrote:

    [snip]

    > which access the file system by FTP.

    Why are you doing this?

    Todd
    Todd Carnes, Aug 7, 2011
  5. asit

    Todd Carnes Guest

    On Sat, 06 Aug 2011 11:37:56 -0700, asit wrote:

    [snip]

    > Is there any smart editor will do this ??

    What is your definition of a "smart" editor?

    Todd
    Todd Carnes, Aug 7, 2011