    ISO/IEC 9899:1999

    What new C features are planned for the next revision of the standard?

    --The Directive

    The Directive, Jan 18, 2004

  2. The Directive

    pete Guest

    The Directive wrote:

    > Where can I get a free legal copy of the latest C standard.

    You would have to buy one first.

    > (ISO and ANSI organizations charge for it.)
    > I have searched the web but failed to find it.

    There's a cause and effect relationship
    between those last two statements.

    --
    pete

    pete, Jan 18, 2004

  3. The Directive

    Servé Lau Guest

    "The Directive" <> wrote in message
    > Where can I get a free legal copy of the latest C standard. (ISO and
    > ANSI organizations charge for it.) I have searched the web but failed
    > to find it.

    Why is 18$ too much?

    Servé Lau, Jan 18, 2004
  4. (The Directive) writes:
    > Where can I get a free legal copy of the latest C standard. (ISO and
    > ANSI organizations charge for it.) I have searched the web but failed
    > to find it.

    You can't, unless someone buys you a copy as a gift.

    The question of whether the standard should be free is being discussed
    at length on comp.std.c, but for the forseeable future, you can't get
    a copy without paying for it.

    > This is the latest version?
    >
    > ISO/IEC 9899:1999

    Yes, but there's also been a short Technical Corrigendum, published
    2001-09-01. I think TC1 is available for free.

    Keith Thompson, Jan 18, 2004
  5. The Directive

    Dan Pop Guest

    In <> (The Directive) writes:

    >Where can I get a free legal copy of the latest C standard. (ISO and
    >ANSI organizations charge for it.) I have searched the web but failed
    >to find it.

    If the copyright owners charge for it, isn't it obvious that any freely
    availabe copy on the Web would be a fraud (and, therefore, illegal)?

    >This is the latest version?
    >
    >ISO/IEC 9899:1999

    Nope, it has been amended in 2001.

    >What new C features are planned for the next revision of the standard?

    This is a very well kept secret ;-)

    Dan
    --
    Dan Pop
    DESY Zeuthen, RZ group

    Dan Pop, Jan 19, 2004
  6. The Directive

    Dan Pop Guest

    In <> "Servé Lau" <> writes:

    >"The Directive" <> wrote in message
    >> Where can I get a free legal copy of the latest C standard. (ISO and
    >> ANSI organizations charge for it.) I have searched the web but failed
    >> to find it.

    >Why is 18$ too much?

    He may not like the legal strings attached to the $18 copy.

    Dan
    --
    Dan Pop
    DESY Zeuthen, RZ group

    Dan Pop, Jan 19, 2004
  7. The Directive

    Dan Pop Guest

    In <> Keith Thompson <> writes:

    >2001-09-01. I think TC1 is available for free.

    It is, if you manage to find it. But it's perfectly useless in the
    absence of the C99 standard. And impossible to physically apply to the
    $18 PDF version of the standard.

    Dan
    --
    Dan Pop